routes in and around sussex

robbie7
robbie7 Posts: 292
edited May 2009 in Routes
hi trying to plan a ride for myself and my fiancee tomorrow and cant think of anywhere new. i would prefer a loop (start and finish at the same place) dont mind travelling, i live in midhurst and am a little stumped. any help would be welcome..

cheers

robbie

Comments

• mudslinger
    mudslinger Posts: 237
    Just seen your thread. Where did you get to?

On a different note, looking at the maps there are quite a few bridleways in the woods south of Cocking. Is there any decent riding to be had there?
    Winter commuter: Planet X London Road
    Winter road bike/commuter: Specialized Langster
    Best road bike: Planet X RTD90
    MTBs: Giant XTC 650B / On-One C456 singlespeed
    TT bike: Planet X Stealth
  • robbie7
    hi there,
    unfortunatly due to bike issue i didnt get out, but i did buy myself a Garmin 605 with a Southern England Memory Map Disc, although i havent used it yet i am starting to plot a few gps routes in and around the foot of the downs so hopefully this will aid my quest for some new routes. where abouts are you based? do you have any routes?

robbie
  • mudslinger
    mudslinger Posts: 237
    I'm in Haywards Heath where there are very few bridleways & what there is normally a horse churned mudbath for at least half the year. So I tend to go Horsham/Crawley, South Downs or Surrey Hills

Is there any decent riding in those woods south of Cocking?.
    Winter commuter: Planet X London Road
    Winter road bike/commuter: Specialized Langster
    Best road bike: Planet X RTD90
    MTBs: Giant XTC 650B / On-One C456 singlespeed
    TT bike: Planet X Stealth
  • robbie7
    there are plenty of bridleways to explore just off the south downs way. only just looking at the map i have realised how many there are and i will be riding as many as i can.
  • smorg
    smorg Posts: 12
    aparrently there is a nice dh track at friston forrest which is near seaford.. its worth checking out as I have heard alot of good things about it