First post, need advice...

Headshot_Harry_
Headshot_Harry_ Posts: 14
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Looking to get myself a bike. Not got a lot to spend, to be honest, I'm looking 2nd hand / EBay etc.

Ideally, I'm looking for something that is fairly all-round, something I can ride on the road to get to my trail which is offroad. I'm not really going to be into downhill racing etc! This is purely going to be a weekend activity, be it out hitting some trails, maybe the odd trip to Wales, back road riding etc. I think primarily it will be off road riding...

I've had a Claud Butler since I was about 15 (I'm now 29! lol), its a bit old really! But I'm not entirely sure what to look at, sizes etc.

I'm about 5'10", I've been looking at something with a 19" frame and 26" wheels (Saracen Mantra 1/2)

As I said, I'm looking more 2nd hand, don't have a massive wedge to spend though! Thinking about £200 bracket?) But would like something with some disc brakes (they look cool! lol) that can handle a bit of messing about.

Also, being a bit of a tech geek, would like some advice on geeky items (Speedo’s gps? etc?) that I can fit to it.

Thanks in advance all.