Pitfichie - directions

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Hey, does anyone know how to get to Pitfichie from Aberdeen?

Thanks

Comments

• Eskimo427
    Eskimo427 Posts: 288
    head out of Aberdeen on the A96 towards Inverurie. When you get to the first big round about at Inverurie turn left and head toward Kemney. Keep traveling through Kemney and head towards MonyMusk. Once you have gone past the MoneyMusk turning on the right the entrance I would say is another 5 Miles (guess) along that and is sign posted Pitfichie Cycle trails - or something like that.

Your best bet would be to google it, if you haven't already.

A taste of what it's like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGbuJgCRvk
  • Anonymous
    Eskimo427 wrote:
    head out of Aberdeen on the A96 towards Inverurie. When you get to the first big round about at Inverurie turn left and head toward Kemney. Keep traveling through Kemney and head towards MonyMusk. Once you have gone past the MoneyMusk turning on the right the entrance I would say is another 5 Miles (guess) along that and is sign posted Pitfichie Cycle trails - or something like that.

Your best bet would be to google it, if you haven't already.

A taste of what it's like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGbuJgCRvk

cheers for the reply, we went on the weekend after my post, finally found the bottom of the DH section, did the devils staircase (swooop) and then the DH section, however I had an off, twisted my hand (can't grip properly now..lol).. but still great fun...!! ace!
  • Eskimo427
    Eskimo427 Posts: 288
    it is a good place, I used to go there regularly however apart from last weekend I haven't been for about 18mths. I try and keep away from the downhill part as I don't want to break myself or my bike even though I have a spicy 316.

I'm assuming you ride Kirkhill Forest. Where else do you visit?
  • Anonymous
    Eskimo427 wrote:
    it is a good place, I used to go there regularly however apart from last weekend I haven't been for about 18mths. I try and keep away from the downhill part as I don't want to break myself or my bike even though I have a spicy 316.

I'm assuming you ride Kirkhill Forest. Where else do you visit?

yeah I try to do kirkhill when I can, sometimes on my own during the week for a few hours or so.. although I dont ride as hard on the off fire road sections as hard..lol.

Trying to branch out further up here (only been up a while)...probably going along with the Neeps to scotly for an intro to their club next week...

used to ride in and around Newcastle quite a bit on an old hardtail rigid fork machine but that failed me..

peace

G