Giro on freeview???

JAGGY
JAGGY Posts: 167
edited April 2009 in Pro race
Good morning

Anyone know if this years Giro highlights are oni ITV 4 or any other freeview/ terrestrial channel?

May have to fork out on Sky if not.

Cheers

Comments

• ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    ITV4/Terrestrial/Freeview only ususally show The Tour. The Giro will be on Eurosport, however if you haven't got that you could take a look at http://www.cyclingfans.com and that should point you in the right direction.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ITV4 only shows the races owned by ASO, plus the Tours of Ireland and Britain.

You could get a subscription for the Eurosport Player if you want to watch online with English commentary. You can also cancel that after a month, so there's no need to fork out for a Sky sub.
  • You can also get the free-to-air international Eurosport - if you have a 'freeview' dish for instance you can add another LNB pointed in the right direction (19e) and pick up freeview + Eurosport via the German footprint (this is what I do, on different tvs). You do need the correct decoding box, however, which can be hard to find now I think
  • afx237vi wrote:
    ITV4 only shows the races owned by ASO, plus the Tours of Ireland and Britain.

You could get a subscription for the Eurosport Player if you want to watch online with English commentary. You can also cancel that after a month, so there's no need to fork out for a Sky sub.

Wish I'd know that 12 months ago! Do you have any idea what the quality is like?
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Leipheimer's Twitter linked to steephill.tv - lots of links to free streaming