Luca Paolini to appear before CONI

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2009 in Pro race
Another Oil for Drugs one.

It's a bit non stop at the moment.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    iainf72 wrote:

Is there any Italian rider of note in the last 10 years who isn't in some way attached to Oil For Drugs or likely to be fingered for something or other by CONI on pretty good grounds? I'm seriously struggling to think of one.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Marco Pinotti? Had to scratch my head for a bit though.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Cauchiolli (sp)? French team at least*

*although that didn't stop Moreni

Strava is not Zen.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    leguape wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Is there any Italian rider of note in the last 10 years who isn't in some way attached to Oil For Drugs or likely to be fingered for something or other by CONI on pretty good grounds? I'm seriously struggling to think of one.

Cunego
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Cunego
    I thought of him but "The Little Prince" used to be coached by Cecchini, before separating and making some good noises about riding clean. But he's only linked to shady types, no bans or court cases.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Kléber wrote:
    Marco Pinotti? Had to scratch my head for a bit though.

God he didn't even appear on my radar, which is a bit worrying given he's not exactly second division.

Ballan, or am I forgetting something in his past?
  • moray_gub
    Kléber wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Cunego
    I thought of him but "The Little Prince" used to be coached by Cecchini, before separating and making some good noises about riding clean. But he's only linked to shady types, no bans or court cases.

"fingered for something or other by CONI on pretty good grounds"
  • moray_gub
    Kléber wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Cunego

While on the subject of Cecchini does association with him mean that your are implicated in the taking of PEDs . Linus Gerderman ,Kim Kirchen ,Juan Antonia Flecha ,Nikki Sorenson,Paolo Bettini seem to have been associated with him at some point whether tenous or otherwise .............so what do you make of them ?
  • Kléber
    I'd only trust one of those names for sure: Gerdemann. The German was with CSC and introduced to him by Riis but dumped him later on.

Cecchini was Riis's coach when he won the Tour, he was Ullrich's coach, he's been coaching many, many riders who get busted. He seems to have been sending clients to Fuentes, that's what the Italian investigators appear to believe.

Anyway, leguape's point was about Italian riders attached to "Oil for Drugs" or fingered for something else: riders who generate smoke but where there's not necessarily been any fire. After all, Paolini could be totally clean, a saint. I pointed out why I discounted Cunego, that's all but hopefully the Prince is doing it right these days.
  • moray_gub
    Kléber wrote:
    I

Anyway, leguape's point was about Italian riders attached to "Oil for Drugs" or fingered for something else: riders who generate smoke but where there's not necessarily been any fire.

"attached to Oil For Drugs or likely to be fingered for something or other by CONI on pretty good grounds? "

You obviously put a different meaning to the phrase pretty good grounds than i do.
  • Kléber
    True, we'll keep Cunego on the list. Add Nibali too.