1994 Upgraded GT Zaskar with BB7 Disc & Hope Pro II Hubs

matt_mkm
matt_mkm Posts: 2
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Just got finished putting some new parts on my 94 GT Zaskar. Check out the photos. I love this frame and would never part with it. Fast and light XC Bike.

DSC00576.jpg
DSC00577.jpg[/img]

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Looks more like a 1996!

Nice bike.
  • def a 1996 its got disc brake mounts my old zasker only had v brake posts

agree nice bike and ahead of its time wish i never sold mine :cry:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Very nice, a true classic
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    A 1996 aniodised red Zaskar was my first custom build. I caught the bike building bug and have been fettling since.
    If I'm right, it was also available as polished (silver) and powdercoat blue.
    Brings back great memories.

I was so proud of it and couldn't wait to get out on a ride. Went with a super fit mate who took me up some of the steepest hills in my area. Complete and utter knackerment. Left me wondering whether I should sell it - I didn't - and have had great fun since with all my bikes.

Don't go out very often with that mate though!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Best way to tell age is the frame number - first four digits are month and year of manufacture.

Mine is an early 96. Note that late 95 may stil be classed as a 96!

Disc brake mounts weren't added until 98/99.
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    first things first, it aint an original `94 zaskar it doesnt have the canti brake cable mount inbetwen the seatstays and the top tube, disc mounts were i believe only standard on y2k models onwards when the production switched to taiwan. early models were also only inch threaded steerer.
    who cares?