Your Invention

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
If there was one thing that you could invent to make your days on a bike more pleasurable what would that be?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    A wind cancellation device, allowing me to zip along with nothing but a very light headwind for cooling.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Airbags.
  • Anonymous
    Emergency rocket thruster.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I'd like a 'Phil Liggettron' motivational fictional commentary device; describing your training ride, in transit, as if you were in fact a world class rider competing in a classic or grand tour :D
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    A fully supportive wife.

Ow! Only joking, love. :oops:
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    A masseuse...

lebrock-206x300.jpg
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    whyamihere wrote:
    A wind cancellation device, allowing me to zip along with nothing but a very light headwind for cooling.
    +1!
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Crapaud wrote:
    A masseuse...

lebrock-206x300.jpg

Doesn't she also fulfill the request for airbags?
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Can't I just have a really attractive woman in lycra permenantly 6 feet a head of me???
  • Anonymous
    Ommmmmmm!

Shill!!!!
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Forget a wind cancellation device I want a wind switch switch. So that any head wind is automatically converted to a tailwind.

This from today when out with little or no wind and feeling as if I was going into a hard head wind.

Oh and another thought as it is getting warmer - it is- are winds less dense even if the speed is the same :?:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Anti-gravity device.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    A really powerful magnet which repels cars so if one comes to close they spring off into the hedge on the oother side of the road 8)
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    A helmet that doesn't make me look like a c0ck
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    A really powerful magnet which repels cars so if one comes to close they spring off into the hedge on the oother side of the road 8)

Would it not have to be a magnetic car to be repelled by another magnet? Otherwise you (being lighter than a car) would just get stuck to the car and dragged along. Even if it was a magnetic car, if you got the polarities wrong you would really be stuck.

Im thinking more along the lines of the whirling blades that came out from the middle of the wheels on Bonds DB5.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Handlebar mounted, laser guided missile launcher
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Would it not have to be a magnetic car to be repelled by another magnet? Otherwise you (being lighter than a car) would just get stuck to the car and dragged along. Even if it was a magnetic car, if you got the polarities wrong you would really be stuck.

Hey, i comed up with the ideas the science is down to the tech boffins 8)
  • A bicycle for horses. If I can roll along at say 3 x my running speed, just think how fast a horse could go.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330

Hey, i comed up with the ideas the science is down to the tech boffins 8)

Im not picking on you, honest. Blasphemer :lol: .
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Access to Liggett's Suitcase of Courage :lol:
  • pieinthesky
    pieinthesky Posts: 417
    I would like and electronic car ignition interupter device.

I would use this to bring dangerous and abusive drivers to a halt so that I could sail past them with a freindly wave and wide grin.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    faster/newer/bigger legs :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I would like and electronic car ignition interupter device.

I would use this to bring dangerous and abusive drivers to a halt so that I could sail past them with a freindly wave and wide grin.
    So their power steerer and servo assisted brakes stop working and they continue to cost right into you... sounds like a great plan!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010