Phew!!!!!

hubba hubba
hubba hubba Posts: 87
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
Had my cannondale synapse stolen today from work (padlocked with D-lock, outside security office). Gutted! Got home and found this on gumtree...

Cannondale Synapse Racer (£350)
Date posted: Tuesday 21st April | Ad viewed: 59 times
IM SELLING MY LOVELY BIKE WHICH IS A CANNONDALE SYNAPSE RACER. ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD. IT HAS CARBON FORK AND SEATPOLE. TIAGRA GEARS. 18 SPEED, TIAGRA SHIFTERS AND BRAKE CALLIPERS, TRUVATIV CRANK AND SHIMANO WHEELS. 56CM FRAME. EXCELLENT CONDITION. £350.
PLEASE CALL SMITH ON 07951 786 971 OR EMAIL MOSENER@LIVE.CO.UK

A friend and I went to see this so called "Smith" to get my "lovely bike" back. It was mine and we got it back. Thank god! How lucky is that?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You had quick return of your p&j. No plod involved?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I've reported it to the police but didn't have them there at the time - thankfully it didn't turn violent.
  • elscorcho
    elscorcho Posts: 44
    That's fantastic that you got your pride and joy back! You must feel very lucky and just as happy!

The Cannondale has a seatpole! He seems to be very knowledgeable about bikes! This smith geezer does a lot of shouting (typing in capitals) Did yourself and your friend do a lot of shouting at him? :evil: Tell me you broke some bones hopefullty his thieving hands or contacted the Police??
  • omg, you are so lucky it's quite rare that people get their bikes back, especially when they dont involve the police. well done mate
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    So how did the conversation with Mr Smith go?
  • After recently having a bike stolen from me, I have to say you've shown incredible restraint not mincing the little scrote.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Cheeky little get! Well done too. I would have been heartbroken.... and absolutely fuming (I used polite words - you can add any rude word you like before 'fuming'). :evil:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • The conversation with "Smith" or Smithski judging by his accent went very quickly. I said it was my bike and he said his brother had bought it for £200 so it was his loss. Then waited for the DLR and he left.

In hindsight I'm glad to have my bike back but could have turned ugly - two guys tried to surround me at the DLR station - they didn't look like much fun! The conductor on the train wouldn't let me on even though I said I was about to be stabbed (what a twat). My mate then said "ride away, ride away!" He got on the DLR and I rode away trying to find a tube. It's difficult to ride on eggbeaters in trainers!
  • My god...

tienes huebos mucho grande 8) :D