BLOODY CYCLISTS!!!!

montevideoguy
montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
edited April 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Putting my old pedestrian hat on for 5 mins. Not long back from my lunch. When I went out I crossed the road outside my work (Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow) and with it being a one way street I took the common sense approach of looking in the direct traffic was coming from. Seeing there were no cars coming I start to cross only to find myself nearly getting taken right out the game by some ned (chav for th English minded) flying down the road the wrong way onto oncoming traffic.... wasn't amused one wee bit. idiots like this are nothing but trouble and give reason for folk to start tarring everyone on two wheels with the same brush :(

They should really ban places like Asda and tesco from selling bikes....
Formally known as Coatbridgeguy

Comments

• Silly cyclist, silly pedestrian for not looking both ways (yes I did read it was one way).

Maybe I should check the commuting threads for one about a ped demonstrating darwinism in action?
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes

• They should really ban places like Asda and tesco from selling bikes....

It was probably stolen.
    There is a time to surf and a time to wax your board.....

'09 Trek Remedy 8
  • I get funny looks from people sometimes for looking both ways before crossing one way streets.

Having lived near Cambridge pretty much all my life, it's habit. Bloody Cambridge students, with their butchers bikes, sports jackets and trailing university scarves!
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I get funny looks from people sometimes for looking both ways before crossing one way streets.
    I look up and down as well.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    does sideways count as left n right :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Putting my old pedestrian hat on for 5 mins

Wow. Now THATS dedication for you, right there.

Anyone reading this - this man is so much into bikes, he has to put a HAT on to remind him that he's not on his bike anymore!!

Coatbridgeguy, is it a helmet replacement, so you don't feel naked (I have the same feeling if I don't wear a watch!).

Please say it's some kinda 70's pattern trilby, with a big feather on the side...!

Quality.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    Putting my old pedestrian hat on for 5 mins

Wow. Now THATS dedication for you, right there.

Anyone reading this - this man is so much into bikes, he has to put a HAT on to remind him that he's not on his bike anymore!!

Coatbridgeguy, is it a helmet replacement, so you don't feel naked (I have the same feeling if I don't wear a watch!).

Please say it's some kinda 70's pattern trilby, with a big feather on the side...!

Quality.

it's a bowler hat....none of that trilby nonsense :wink:
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy