LBS query

Ellie82
Ellie82 Posts: 59
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
Hi

Could someone clear something up for me please. Went on the look out for a new bike and was a bit confused when the person in the shop said he cant get hold of past models :? I thought that if they where a stockist of a certain make of bike they would be able to get past models.

So if i wanted to get an 08 model is the only way off the net?

Thanks Ellie

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Past models are exactly that I'm afraid. The suppliers don't keep them, they also sell them off cheap and generally it's the shops on the net that snap up the remaining stock. So the only way, unless a shop has stock of an old model it to buy off the net I'm afraid
  • Ellie82
    oh :(

Thanks for clearing that up for me :wink:
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    What bike were you after?
  • Ellie82
    TBH it was a general question to him cause I wanted to see which bikes I could chose from. But Ive been looking for so long now for the best bike for me that im going to have to give up :lol:

I want a bike that I really like the look of with decent groupset etc and it doesn't exist :cry: I either love the look of it and everything else is not that great or the other way round
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    get the frame you like? and upgrade the parts as and when?

or get just a frame and get LBS or your self and pick the parts you want?

in the scheme of things bikes are dirt cheap.
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Buy the pretty frame and hang everything else. You can always fiddle with the components later. But you do sound like a candidate for a custom frame where you can determine the paint etc.