Commuter winter training bike help

YIYAYOO
YIYAYOO Posts: 16
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
Well, On the C2W scheme im allowed to spend a grand but im only allowed to spend it at halfords or Evans (which means im unable to get the Condor Fratello (pain in the ass i know)

If you were in my situation what would you guys get? It must have clearance for proper mud gaurds and a rack on the back would be a bonus.
I would do about a total of 60 miles during summer and 130 during winter (per week obviously)

Comments

• Have you asked Halfords what they can provide? I know some people in my work got Condor through Halfords, so it would be worth asking, although I know they will no longer supply some brands they supplied last year.
  • YIYAYOO
    YIYAYOO Posts: 16
    Oddly enough it worked..

They appear to have a dedicated Cycle to work department which sources its own bikes..
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Halfords get a lot of bad press but they were fine for my C2W purchase. I got a custom build Pearson Hanzo fixed wheel and everything was fine. All I did was agree the spec with Pearsons, rang up Halfords C2W department and said what I wanted and told them I had a spec sorted with the shop. Halfords then sorted the rest.

I also had a chat to Condor during my selection process about supplying under the Halfords C2W scheme and they said it as no problem.