Beginners Skills Courses - Discuss............

Cheshley
Cheshley Posts: 1,448
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Me an a couple of mates are thinking of doing a day's skills course and I wondered if anyone else had done something similar.

We're looking at courses operated by 2 organisations who operate in Dalby, Big Bear Active and Chasing Trails. Does anyone have experience with either of these guys?

Thanks
1998 Marin Hawk Hill
2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    not with those guys but I have done 2 skills days with Get Mountain Biking
    They were really good - it was helpful to have someone watching not only to give you tips but for confidence too.
    I learnt loads in the two days I did and had loads of things to think about and work on when I left. It also helps you meet people of a similar ability to you.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Hi, Chasing Trails is run by me...

Most people who've done courses haven't been on forums, but here's a link to one that is.
  • archer4
    archer4 Posts: 86
    Cheshley is there a site for this information? Im interested too
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Hi Archer4,

I'm oop North so I don;t think you'll be wanting to travel to any of the locations I'm looking at. A quick Google search provides the following link (among others) for courses in your area:

http://www.essexoutdoors.org/mountain_b ... tdoors.php

For other results search google for 'Mountain Bike Skills Course Essex'
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • archer4
    archer4 Posts: 86
    ok thanks thats the only problem living south also hard to travel only riding distance your train is possible for me.
  • Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    Didn't even know this sort of thing existed, going to have a look for similar daarn Sarf.
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)