Things I've learnt this morning whilst out riding

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
1). I am a complete NOVICE.
2). I cannot expect to jump back on my bike and push out 30 miles without causing myself some harm.
3). Eat at least an hour before I ride.
4). Never, ever try to chase down someone who was riding hills like they were flats (lad in Newcastle flying up Campus Lane, Benton area at around 9.15 am).
5). refer to number 1.

Gonna take time, gonna take plenty of time, gonna take patience and time to do it right.....

as someone once sang.

Comments

• wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    hill in Benton ?
    Not familiar with that, where do mean like ? Surely not up past the Lochside.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Yes, agree with 2. I once had a 6 week layoff between losing a bike and getting a new one on the insurance. First ride on the bike was from Brizzle city centre to Durdham Downs, uphill all the way and I had to stop 3 times :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    wiffachip wrote:
    hill in Benton ?
    Not familiar with that, where do mean like ? Surely not up past the Lochside.

Aye you're right. It's up at Coach lane (not Campus lane as I said) and can hardly be described as a hill, more of a long incline. Buggered me though, rode it far to fast in too high a gear (15th I think).

Mind the hill at South Gosforth was a breeze in comparison (up towards La Sagesse). Romped that bugger!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The thing I learned this morning while riding is:- Don't forget your pump.

Although I didn't puncture the knowing I had no pump made me have to "modify" my ride, thus totally destroying my enjoyment of my planned morning. :(
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.