2009 Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré

Brian NZ
Brian NZ Posts: 59
edited June 2009 in Pro race
I have been trying to find the route but with no luck. Is it out yet? If anyone has found it, could you let me know the link. I am going to be in the Alps at that time and would like to watch a stage.
Cheers Brian (NZ)

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    No, not yet.

The start will be in Nancy on 7 June and the race will head to Grenoble a week later but the stages in between aren't yet known. A finish in the Drome department is on the cards, possibly on Ventoux - it would suit Tour candidates to test themselves - but this has yet to be confirmed. The full route should be out in early May.
  • The route from the Dauphine comes out very late, maybe as little as a month before the race. Keep and eye on the Dauphine website for updates...

http://www.ledauphine.com/

http://criterium.ledauphine.com/criterium08/home,0.html
  • Brian NZ
    Thanks for that. I knew is was late but not late as this.
    Cheers Brian
  • Kléber
    The teams were announced today:
    Silence Lotto, Quick Step, Team Saxo Bank, Caisse d'Epargne, Euskaltel-Euskadi, Fuji-Servetto, AG2R La Mondiale, BBox Bouygues Telecom, Team Katusha, Cofidis, Française des Jeux, Garmin-Slipstream, Team Columbia - High Road, Team Milram, Lampre - NGC, Liquigas, Rabobank, Astana, BMC Racing Team

No Cervélo, with Fuji-Servetto getting the place. No Agritubel either.
  • I found it last week. Been out since February apparently

http://www.steephill.tv/criterium-du-dauphine-libere/
  • Brian NZ
    I found this too, but was wanting the actual route, roads, mountains, villages on each stage.
    I hope to camp out on a mountain stage. But thanks for the info.
    Cheers Brian
  • Some of the stages are pretty obvious:

Stage 6 Gap-Briancon will probably be via the Col de Vars and Col d'Izoard.

Stage 7 via the Galibier and Telegraphe finishing on the slopes of the Madeleine.
  • Brian NZ
    That sounds awesome. I will now have to chose which mountain.
    Thanks awefully.
    Cheers Brian
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    FYI:
    61st Dauphiné Libéré route:
    Stage 1 - June 7: Nancy-Nancy, 12.1km (ITT)
    Stage 2 - June 8: Nancy to Dijon, 228km
    Stage 3 - June 9: Tournus to Saint-Etienne, 182km
    Stage 4 - June 10: Bourge-les-Valence to Valence, 43.4km (ITT)
    Stage 5 - June 11: Valence to Mont Ventoux, 154km :D
    Stage 6 - June 12: Gap to Briançon, 106km
    Stage 7 - June 13: Briançon to Saint-Francois-Longchamp, 157km
    Stage 8 - June 14: Faverges to Grenoble, 146km

Long time trial this year... step up Mr Leipheimer?

Strava is not Zen.
  • Brian NZ
    I will be camping out on Col de la Croix de Fer on the night of the 12th to watch them come through on the 13th. Should be fantastic.
    Cheers Brian
  • Kléber
    More details and updates on http://www.steephill.tv/criterium-du-dauphine-libere/ including the full stage details and a provisional start list.
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    Might see you there brian, me and 3 lads going on a weekend Alps tour, taking in the race on the Galibier, cycling up early that morning to get the closed roads 8)
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • Brian NZ
    I will be easy to spot.If I am riding I will be very slowand I have an orange flag with a kiwi on one side and a fern leaf on the other. I will be riding a light blue Rodregaze with S&S couplers.
    Cheers Brian
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • is the dauphinee being shown on eurotennis?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    http://www.steephill.tv/criterium-du-da ... e/#summary

These links seem to give timings/locations
    M.Rushton
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    is the dauphinee being shown on eurotennis?

Yes, it was advertised during last weeks coverage of the Giro.
  • cied
    cied Posts: 8
    i'll be in faverges for the start of the last stage - simply because i am camping nearby. is there normally much to see at the start of a stage or is all the excitement at the end?
    Specialized Allez Sport 08
  • Kléber
    The start is often a good moment, riders are milling about from their team buses to the race village and there is a signing on ceremony. The finish tends to see the riders flash across the line and head for their hotels.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Not sure they have a race village at the Dauphine, but it is worth going to the start. It's much more laid back than something like the Tour, good for autographs, photos, that sort of thing.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Went to a Dauphine stage start in Bollene a few years back (2004) and, as said above, it's well worth the trouble - you can get close to all the riders as they come to be introduced at the signing in point - also some of the team organisations will have stands where you can buy souvenirs etc. and it's definetely more relaxed than the Tour. I remember this race well as it must have been the last stage race in which David Millar rode before his drug bust shortly after.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I'm pretty sure Contador will want to win this as he hasn't before. Once again though it looks like he will have no support as he hasn't been given such a great team by fat boy Bruyneel just like in Paris-Nice.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/ju ... =startlist
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    hommelbier wrote:
    Went to a Dauphine stage start in Bollene a few years back (2004) and, as said above, it's well worth the trouble - you can get close to all the riders as they come to be introduced at the signing in point - also some of the team organisations will have stands where you can buy souvenirs etc. and it's definetely more relaxed than the Tour. I remember this race well as it must have been the last stage race in which David Millar rode before his drug bust shortly after.

I went in 2005, saw several stages including a stage start in Aix Les Bains. We had a chat with Magnus Backstedt who gave us tips on how to ride Alpe d'Huez which we were doing a few days later.

It's definately a race worth going to see, like a mini TdF, but without the huge crowds.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    I'm pretty sure Contador will want to win this
    Contador: ´No disputaré la general del Dauphiné Liberé´
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=13095
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • Brian NZ wrote:
    I will be easy to spot.If I am riding I will be very slowand I have an orange flag with a kiwi on one side and a fern leaf on the other. I will be riding a light blue Rodregaze with S&S couplers.
    Cheers Brian

I just got back. You will have a FANTASTIC time. Do as many of the big climbs as you can. You will absolutely love it. Madeline is a brute. Croix de Fer is an absolute beauty. There seems to be a camping spot near the top end of the lake. You could then go to the top and have a great view from a long way out. Isoard is a beauty too. Telegraph and Galibier need respect. Enjoy.
    Dan
  • doddy178
    doddy178 Posts: 66
    And for eurosport english viewers our commentary duo are....
    Carlton Kirby and wait for it... David Duffield.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    doddy178 wrote:
    And for eurosport english viewers our commentary duo are....
    Carlton Kirby and wait for it... David Duffield.

oh no, not duffers. Cant we have stephen roche :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I'd like to know if AC has been tested in the past month...am deeply suspicious of the active rest scam Stevo and Zulle sold us in the mid 90s...simply drug assisted training blocks without dope testing so they could transform their bodies with insane distance and intensity, recover and do it all again for 4 weeks