looking for leg workouts etc

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited April 2009 in Health, fitness & training
ok, i've not been riding for 5 weeks, will be riding by saturday. i generally have weak legs (through surgery when i was younger) and want to concentrate on a training to get them stronger. i know i'm not leaving myself much time but i want to get back to reasonable fitness by june. also is there any foods/drinks that will help?

thanks
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• punctureboy
    punctureboy Posts: 217
    squats and deadlifts mate. dont mess about with other leg exercises. these 2 will recruit loads of different muscles at the same time, so they are great for fitness, fat burning and obviously strength.

make sure you do them properly, otherwise you will just injure yourself, particularly back and knees. if your not sure get someone to show you.
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    Deadlifts only slightly, however straight leg deadlifts are good for the legs ;) works the hamstrings. All leg exercises will help, do you go to a gym?
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    thanks for the replies, I'll have to invest in some equipment etc as I don't goto the gym (finish work pretty late on weekdays and ride all weekend)
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • owen_MTB
    owen_MTB Posts: 222
    Ebay usually does some cheap weights. However i doubt squats will be possible for you, because i doubt you'll buy a squat rack ;) you could do front squats though i suppose.
    It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness