How do you guys feel about Levi

Clemson Cycling
Clemson Cycling Posts: 49
edited April 2009 in Pro race
You never hear any doaping allegation about this guy. Did he sneak through clean as a whistle or was he just a clean rider?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Don't you?

Linked to Ferrari.

Rode for Rabobank.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=leipheimer+dope

For my sins, I quite like Levi. I think he's in the top 3 guys for week long mountain filled stage races.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    He's an unpleasant little snit - and yes, I have met him - all about the public image is little Mr Leipheimer
  • Just wondered if any of you guys had heard of any doping allegations about me? I know I'm not up there with Lance and Levi, but I have won the odd chipper and club TT here and there.

I do have 53x12.com on my favourites and I did use a Rabobank cash point the other day...
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Just wondered if any of you guys had heard of any doping allegations about me? I know I'm not up there with Lance and Levi, but I have won the odd chipper and club TT here and there.

I do have 53x12.com on my favourites and I did use a Rabobank cash point the other day...

You admit you have links to Dr Ferrari, you must be guilty.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    I'd like to see Leipheimer do anything other than follow wheels during mountain stages.

I'm really not a fan of his pedalling action and position. Looks very ugly.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • I mean that is his style. Hang on and beat everyone in the TT's.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    I thought he failed a test, while racing in the US, when he was 22 or so?
    Managed to get a walk....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • I mean that is his style. Hang on and beat everyone in the TT's.

Precisely the reason I don't like him, or Evans.

Much prefer the likes of Valverde + Sastre.
  • teagar
    I mean that is his style. Hang on and beat everyone in the TT's.

And who wants to watch that?

TTs are utterly dull.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    micron wrote:
    He's an unpleasant little snit - and yes, I have met him - all about the public image is little Mr Leipheimer

what did he do? I don't much like the guy in interviews, but haven't met him. Purely going on interviews, julich would get on my wick, can see why Blijlevens lamped him...Nice one Jeroen
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You gotta feel sorry for him, he leaves Postal for Rabo as GC contender and does nothing - perhaps Austrian doctors aren't as good as Italian ones? He then goes back to Bruyneel, on the premise of GT leader to find he signs Basso, then Contador and then his ol' mucker Lance turns up to! All he's left to do is pick up the wins at races everybody else uses for early season miles - Tour of California anyone? His singular willingness to attack means you never see him in races - like Cadel Evans, a dull-dull also-ran IMO. I've never met him, so no doubt this doesn't account for anything!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Monty Dog wrote:
    also-ran IMO. I've never met him, so no doubt this doesn't account for anything!

If Levi is an also ran that makes 99% of the peleton worse than him He has a half decent palmares a few podiums in the Vuelta and a TDF podium also an Dauphine win and Tour Germany wins and a few stage wins as well. Ok so you may not like his riding style but thats no reason to airbrush out his palmares.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    agree MG.

I like the guy, he is modest (no, I have not met him) according to the interview and vids I've seen.

Maybe micron's unpleasant attitude had something to do with Levi ignoring her... :wink:
  • I really like Levi- especially before he went back to disco/astana. He never has fulfilled the potential I'm convinced he has though- seems to have either a bad time trial or a bad mountain stage in each tour but is there or there abouts for the rest of the race. Kind of frustrating. He doesn't seem that bothered about winning though- and doesn't have the ego of a champion, he seems happy to be slightly outside the limelight.

I love to see him flip the bird to Lance and Contador this summer and ride for himself (as those guys inevitably will) but doubt it- Astana will use him as a decoy and send him off on silly attacks at bad times just to confuse poor Cadel and co!
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Little old Benjamin Button....

Good one week stage race rider, not sure he's got the added extra to win a GT. U gotta feel a little for him though, although he could quite easily go elsewhere as a leader, which again begs the question why doesn't he?? Hmmm...
  • TTs are utterly dull.

Really, I feel that way about sprint races. In TT there is always something happening
  • teagar
    TTs are utterly dull.

Really, I feel that way about sprint races. In TT there is always something happening

What, someone cycling a bike on his own? Rock on!

Road cycling relies heavily on tactics for excitement. In road TTs, there are none. It's just who can cycle the distance on their own the fastest. End of. Zzzzzz.