Feck me I'm bored......

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited April 2009 in The Crudcatcher
watching Rambo on Sky, beer in hand and am hungry (but too lazy to go and fix something up) - feel the urge to buy something shiny! lol

I actually bought some gold 10mm nuts for my mongoose, a gold top cap and some mongoose frame stickers in fluro pink!!!!

I am FIGHTING the temptation to buy a Saint double for my Quake - can't justify it as the crankset I already have on there is only 2 months old and runs fine - but I want it, I want it :lol:

God I need to get out - anyone else bored?

What are you all doing??

Comments

• Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Yep, I am on my 3rd glass of wine sitting here with the Mrs watching old episodes of man behaving badly, oh and trying to decided what colour to get the Inbred painted (the wife does not seem that interested In helping with this)
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • The Big Cheese
    It's not a decision to be taken lightly is it? I was thinking of getting my hardtail resprayed at Argos but was totally stumped when it came to what colour - bright green is the big thing at the moment, Commencal use a lovely shade!

Is it stealthy or 'in your face'? decisions decisions....
  • Sarnian
    I was thinking about getting a new frame but then thought why, My Inbred Is one of the best hardtails I have ridden and It's not broken just getting a little worn so new paint job It Is.

I have had a sticker kit made up for It but It was a little pricey at £60, I swinging towards lime green.
  • The Big Cheese
    Lime green is the way forward.... that's what I leaned towards.

Stickers are not cheap - but you get what you pay for...... I learnt that the hard way a few years back - worth the extra dosh IMO

Managed to drag my arse to the kitchen and make a #everything and the kitchen sink' sarnie - glad I did it's lovely - the joy of Peri peri sauce!!!
  • Sarnian
    Working my way through a box of celebrations here, with the help of the Mrs, beginning to feel a bit guilty now for eating to much crap, just starting to hit the 4th glass and It's starting to kick In :D
  • The Big Cheese
    nice one, I am partial to a drop myself. but tonight it's Czech lager - and I have only had 2 and it's kicking in - lightweight in my advancing years!!!

But, tomorrow, I am taking the GT out for it's first 'proper' outing, so don't want to be hungover... plus I need to cycle for 2 hours to burn that sandwich off....

You've started me thinking about sweets now dammit! Big bowl of coco pops me thinks (I'm 35 in 2 months and still buy them lol)

Mmmmmm coco pops and lager - food of champions! :lol:
  • I've just been out and done about 10 local miles. Came back and stripped my bottom bracket down to try and hush an annoying squeak. Cheese and chili sauce on toast and off to bed soon. No time to be bored.
  • The Big Cheese
    Cheese and Chilli sauce - my kinda grub!! :D
  • Sarnian
    I am a right light weight, (don't drink to much) go out about once a month with the lads and then the odd glass of wine or port, but It Is normally only a glass. I think I am drowning my sorrows as I can't ride or run for the next two weeks due to being signed of work :cry:
  • Sarnian
    I've just been out and done about 10 local miles. Came back and stripped my bottom bracket down to try and hush an annoying squeak. Cheese and chili sauce on toast and off to bed soon. No time to be bored.

Nice one :D now stop rubbing It In, did you get the squeak
  • The Big Cheese
    That's a bummer mate - hate not being able to ride (I had about 6+ months off due to a blood clot in my leg and a PE) first ride back was a killer (managed about 5 miles lol)

Hope the time goes quickly for you!!! :wink:
  • Sarnian
    Cheesey wrote:
    That's a bummer mate - hate not being able to ride (I had about 6+ months off due to a blood clot in my leg and a PE) first ride back was a killer (managed about 5 miles lol)

Hope the time goes quickly for you!!! :wink:

Cheers, the blood clot In the leg Is a hell of a lot worse then the knackered shoulder I have, sounds like you were lucky.
    I have set the turbo trainer up so will be getting as many miles In as I can before the boredom of that settles In,
  • The Big Cheese
    Thanks man, have been more than lucky, I have had 2 blood clots within in seven years, and 2 PEs.... turned out I had a Leiden deficiency that was hereditary so am now on tablets for life (Heparin/warfarin) - bummer but OK now!

Was in hospital for 11 days just before xmas :cry:
  • Sarnian
    One of the guys I work with had the same thing last year, well only one clot. He ended up with 3 months of work and It Is still there and he Is on the warfarin and has to go In to the doc almost every week.
  • The Big Cheese
    Sarnian wrote:
    One of the guys I work with had the same thing last year, well only one clot. He ended up with 3 months of work and It Is still there and he Is on the warfarin and has to go In to the doc almost every week.

I have to go back once a month for INR readings (how thick/thin your blood is)

It's a pain in the ass! :(
  • Sarnian
    Just from what he tells me It sounds like a right pain In the ass, he might not go there every week but It a hell of a lot, what with scans and Injections.
  • mmmmmmmmm left over prawn crackers :)
  • Sarnian wrote:
    Nice one :D now stop rubbing It In, did you get the squeak

I won't know until tomorrow morning's ride, I bloomin hop so though!
  • I'm bored now, sat at work with nowt to do and the sun's beating down :x
  • Its saturday man!!!

Going to watch Gloucester V Cardiff in the EDF Energy Cup Final later today at Twickenham :)
  • I work every Saturday, even the rainy ones! But I do get Wednesdays and Sundays off!
  • Fair enough.
    Hated working weekends. I used to work tuesday, thursday, saturday 6-10pm and sunday all day as a part timer in Morrisons. Worst. Job. Ever.

Free food though :)
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Just come back from a run, had lunch, and am now trying to motivate myself to go and finish a load of work due in on Tuesday; hmm...
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    ive been out riding since 9am and got back in at around 6pm, super dry trails, several big crashes :lol: but one awesome day in the sun 8)
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • docker0141
    docker0141 Posts: 605
    i was stuck at my grans very very bored sitting looking out the window at the sunshine :(
  • Sarnian
    Well It's another night In front of the TV, with nothing on.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I'm now knackered, been doing stuff all day, had 3 buds with a curry this evening and now all I want to do is sleep, haven't even got the energy to play with the iphone I bought this morning.

Shall be knackered tomorrow as well, digging at Gisburn :roll: .
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Jimbob_no5 wrote:
    ive been out riding since 9am and got back in at around 6pm, super dry trails, several big crashes :lol: but one awesome day in the sun 8)

Lucky Git. :lol:
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    damn right :D did nearly brake my fingers from hitting a tree like, and got nice chainring cuts in my thigh and a very bruised shoulder woop
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Sarnian
    All In a good days riding :D