41 staff

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited April 2009 in Pro race
on The Astana team organisation chart. just looked. What is the difference between a general manager, a DS, an assistant DS and also soigneur?

When you read Bruyneel's twittering...looks semi retired from work to me

How many hours per week outwith actual races do any of them need to do , esp out of season? Do they have anything at all to do in the winter?

It's not a real job IMO ...being a DS I mean, whereas mechanics, bus drivers are :)

Comments

• The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Dave_1 wrote:
    on The Astana team organisation chart. just looked. What is the difference between a general manager, a DS, an assistant DS and also soigneur?

How many hours per week outwith actual races do any of them need to do , esp out of season? Do they have anything at all to do in the winter?

It's not a real job IMO ...being a DS I mean, whereas mechanics, bus drivers are :)

You could probably say that there are quite a few jobs in pro sport that most of us would not calll real jobs
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:

You could probably say that there are quite a few jobs in pro sport that most of us would not calll real jobs

considering how little there is to be done outwith races it's a wonder sponsors cough up big salaries for 12 months of the year. I see Yates does his own landcsape gardening, or gardening service in winter...which is probably what Bruyneel has time for too. Just shows how quiet they are in winter. From what I see, the book a few plane tickets and drive along at 25mph barking orders and handing up bottles...little else :D
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

considering how little there is to be done outwith races it's a wonder sponsors cough up big salaries for 12 months of the year. I see Yates does his own landcsape gardening, or gardening service in winter...which is probably what Bruyneel has time for too. Just shows how quiet they are in winter. From what I see, the book a few plane tickets and drive along at 25mph barking orders and handing up bottles...little else :D

Don't forget they make calls to Pat McQuiad when dodgy looking french testers turn up at a drop of a hat asking for all manner of samples, this is a very important duty that cannot be handled by any old numpty
  • dave_1
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Don't forget they make calls to Pat McQuiad when dodgy looking french testers turn up at a drop of a hat asking for all manner of samples, this is a very important duty that cannot be handled by any old numpty
    :D
    I'd love to be a DS...piss easy, fly everywhere...and not have to race, see the world...ok slow drives behind races. Check up on riders now and then, make sure they're not slacking. What else? Call Thomas cook now and again to make sure the tickets are ok