Pevenage : Doping an open secret

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2009 in Pro race
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... cling.html

Perhaps Dennis wants to meet Rudy and tell him he's wrong?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    edited April 2009
    I’ll save Dennis the bother of pressing the keys :)

I don't believe these comments are part of a formal investigation and no-one has been sanctioned, therefore it’s irrelevant. Whatever we say or Pevenage says is meaningless. And we have no right to ask questions, nor do those involved need to answer, nor should we expect an answer or comment that explains anything at all, ever. Even forming an opinion is pointless and it’s pathetic to see this on a cycling forum.

Dennis Noward
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    ^ Spookily accurate :shock: :lol:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    ...particularly if you have never met the man because we are unable of forming an opinion without having first having direct knowledge or experience and being able to make a decision based on evidence and facts, not merely heresay, rumour and innuendo.

For we all know, Mr Pevenage could be a fine upstanding pillar of his local community, attends church on Sundays (possibly) and donates all his earnings to charity (allegedly) - Who are we to besmirch his fine reputation, notwithstanding the fact that he ran a team with a number of confessed 'dopers' but this is irrelevant as it has never been 'tested' in a court of law.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Now Now gentlemen, Im sure if you sat down and had a few beers with him you'd come away with a totaly different possibly life changing point of view.

:D

Looks like Dennis has achieved legend status! He'll be pleased or maybe he wont. I just cant tell. Ive never sat down and had a beer with him :shock:
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    The Austrians are introducing a wide ranging set of tests - those voluntarily taking part will be tested in and out of competition and submit to 2 blood tests a month, results to be published on a website.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves20 ... lonte.html
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    people like Skibby and Riis mentioned their doping was done in the utmost secrecy , so I doubt very much Pevenage's version is the only...it's typical when someone gets caught red handed they make out everyone was at it...makes them feel better about being dishonest. of course RP could be correct ...but...two side to this
  • BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    I'm sorry, I can't seem to take Dennis seriously but not for the reasons you guys are on about. I just keep thinking of "It'll be alright on the Night"... :?

Is it just me...?
    Cheers,
    Col.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    le patron wrote:
    I’ll save Dennis the bother of pressing the keys :)

I don't believe these comments are part of a formal investigation and no-one has been sanctioned, therefore it’s irrelevant. Whatever we say or Pevenage says is meaningless. And we have no right to ask questions, nor do those involved need to answer, nor should we expect an answer or comment that explains anything at all, ever. Even forming an opinion is pointless and it’s pathetic to see this on a cycling forum.

Dennis Norward

Thanks, I appreciate the concern. :wink:

Dennis Noward
  • dennisn
    BigSpecs wrote:
    I'm sorry, I can't seem to take Dennis seriously but not for the reasons you guys are on about. I just keep thinking of "It'll be alright on the Night"... :?

Is it just me...?
    Cheers,
    Col.

You lost me, I'm afraid. Please explain. I'm old and don't get out much. Sounds interesting. :wink::wink::wink:

Dennis Noward
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Dennis Norden, TV clip show in the UK - "It'll be all right on the night!" and "It'll be all right on the night! 2" (and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6....) - bloopers - very dull!

Denis%20Norden.jpg

Dennis Noward is much more entertaining!
  • dennisn
    alfablue wrote:
    Dennis Norden, TV clip show in the UK - "It'll be all right on the night!" and "It'll be all right on the night! 2" (and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6....) - bloopers - very dull!

Denis%20Norden.jpg

Kind of looks like me though. Same age. Same wrinkles.

Dennis Noward
  • weedy1
    weedy1 Posts: 143
    You namesake used to present a television show 'It'll be alright on the night'.
    This consisted of "hilarious" out takes of contempory tv stars.

U.K. telly BTW..

*edit* damn my one finger typing skills. Damn them to hell !!
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    BigSpecs wrote:

Is it just me...?
    Cheers,
    Col.

I'm glad i'm not alone on this one
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    dennisn wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

Denis%20Norden.jpg

Dennis Noward

Presumably you don't carry a clipboard with you at all times for no apparent purpose.
  • dennisn
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

Denis%20Norden.jpg

Dennis Noward

Presumably you don't carry a clipboard with you at all times for no apparent purpose.

Got some bad news for you. Seems that I always get stuck with carrying one when I work the start finish line at our local races. Guess it kind of gives you that authoritative look and you do need to write down results. Trick is to hold the clipboard over your head
    while the racers are lining up at the start. That way they know where the start is(some of them need all the help they can get). Then using the club bullhorn, with the volume set to unintelligible screech, you make a series of announcements that no one can understand,all the while still holding the all powerful clipboard over your head. Then the race can start, 10 minutes late, per club rules and tradition, amid much grumbling, whining,
    and a last minute flurry of riders asking really stupid questions(also club tradition).

Dennis Noward
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:

Dennis you got these guys jumping through hoops mate.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I haven't sucked down a few beers with Pevenage so it's hard to know what he's saying, if it's for real. :wink:

More seriously, what he is saying sort of translates into "if you hear a vague rumour, then ja, it's probably for real", in other words all the tales of blood banking in Vienna are probably for real.

It'll be interesting to see how Menchov performs this year.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Dennis%20the%20Menace.jpg

The guys think your this Dennis :D was/is a comic strip character from a Scottish comic called the Beano ! Now if you tell me you have a dog called Gnasher then we are in trouble :wink:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • weedy1 wrote:
    You namesake used to present a television show 'It'll be alright on the night'.
    This consisted of "hilarious" out takes of contempory tv stars.

U.K. telly BTW..

*edit* damn my one finger typing skills. Damn them to hell !!

He/She's gonna fall in the water basically covers it.
    Dan
  • dennisn
    Moray Gub wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Dennis you got these guys jumping through hoops mate.

That's what happens when you control the all powerful clipboard.

Dennis Noward