Whats your BMI (body mass index)

124»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I was in Boots today, and had a go on the weight/height/fat bastard machine.

6ft 0.3 inch (and believe me, that 0.3 makes a difference), 12stone 9lbs (37 lbs more than I was 10 years ago when riding a lot more - thats nearly an extra Apollo), BMI 23.7, and body fat 21.7%. All came out good/excellent. It didn't see the beer gut though...

Fat always seems to be 20-22% on all tests.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    supersonic wrote:
    I was in Boots today, and had a go on the weight/height/fat bastard machine.

6ft 0.3 inch (and believe me, that 0.3 makes a difference), 12stone 9lbs (37 lbs more than I was 10 years ago when riding a lot more - thats nearly an extra Apollo), BMI 23.7, and body fat 21.7%. All came out good/excellent. It didn't see the beer gut though...

Fat always seems to be 20-22% on all tests.

Under 10% for me on all tests... :wink:
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    There's nothing you can get from an omnivorous diet that you can't get from a vegan one.

Except "flavour" I guess, things like cheese burgers are good sources of this.*

21-22ish here, 6'6", few pounds under 200lbs, fairly slim build. I'm very close to 200cm/200lbs, tempted to eat a few cakes just to tidy up my vital stats.

* and vitamin B12?
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    6'6"?! Do you find yourself grazing the upper canopy of rainforests?! Must be hard to find frames big enough!
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    6'6"?! Do you find yourself grazing the upper canopy of rainforests?! Must be hard to find frames big enough!

I must admit, I do get a LOT of branches in the face, even on well ridden trails :( Frames are awkward too, it's usually the length though, some brands are totally out of the question just looking at the top tube length, grr. I took an XL Scott Genius out at Bikeradar, it initially felt lovely but unfortunately I'd had to ramp the seatpost right up to it's extent, putting me over the back wheel, another bike crossed off the list of potentials, bah!

Err, sorry, I've totally shot off topic :)
  • rhyko7
    rhyko7 Posts: 781
    all it is-is a height to weight ratio, it makes some sense with women but with men its complete horse sh*t and should be compltely ignored
    obviously i say this because i am on the cusp of healthy lol (24.6)
    i do a lot of weights and only have a 30 inch waist and according to BMI i am almost unhealthy, BS !
    Dont look at it-ride it! they are tools not f*cking ornaments

my riding:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rhyspect

Some of my Rides Data/maps:
    http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/Users/527337