Micro SD Problems

LingfieldXC
LingfieldXC Posts: 134
edited April 2009 in The bottom bracket
Recently got myself a camera and an 8gb micro sd card for memory. i forgot to format it before i started using it and it worked for 1700 photos, with space for plenty more. suddenly it stops working and i can't take any more photos, and am also unable to upload them. so now my pictures of my time in NZ are all stuck on a memory card. I found http://www.cardrecovery.com/ which will work but i don't really want to part with £30 unless it is absoloutly necessary.
I was wondering if anyone had a simelar experience and how they solved it.
Lesson learned.
Please help me.[/url]
Your'e never alone with schizophrenia.

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I formatted my compact flash card (accidentally!!!) at the end of my last trip to Australia. Was heartbroken as there were some irreplaceable pictures. I went to several camera shops, they all said retrieval was impossible. When I got home I bought the Photo Rescue software and retrieved all the photos! It was worth every penny.

I think you will need to use similar or send it away to be retrieved, but if you really don't want to spend the money I could try and retrieve yours for you for the price of the postage and a blank DVD. Only thing is I am away for a couple of weeks from Saturday.
  • LingfieldXC
    LingfieldXC Posts: 134
    thanks for the offer, i think i am just going to buy the programme because i figure getting that many photos back will be worth it. also a friend just had the same problem so might foot half the bill :)
    Your'e never alone with schizophrenia.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Well, I thought my pics were worth the £30, so if it works it will be a good spend. And you also have the facility if you should ever have a mishap again (though I never have because it taught me a hard lesson).