Spirulina. Anyone drink / take it?

numptyfish
numptyfish Posts: 62
edited April 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Has anyone used Spirulina for any length of time?
Have you noticed any benefit from using it?

Comments

• trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    hi
    I used to drink it a while ago, and yeah I did feel better for it. I took it for about a year. I presume you`re talking about the green powder variety. I even got to really like the taste, which is si bizzare, I really can`t think how to describe it. Don`t know why I stopped, probably just ran out. Must put it on my shopping list.
    try it.

sean
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • why do you want to take it? whats your basis for taking it?
  • trekhead wrote:
    hi
    I used to drink it a while ago, and yeah I did feel better for it. I took it for about a year. I presume you`re talking about the green powder variety. I even got to really like the taste, which is si bizzare, I really can`t think how to describe it. Don`t know why I stopped, probably just ran out. Must put it on my shopping list.
    try it.

sean

I have just been taking it on and off for a few weeks. I did feel better for it to and i am glad to here it may not be in my head.
    The powder is hard work so i am going to try the tablets.
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    why do you want to take it? whats your basis for taking it?

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-spirulina.html
  • Where can this product be bought in the UK. Or did you buy it online?
    Myprotein referral code mp288135 (get money off)
  • i've been using Spirulina for a while now - i begun using it last year when i took up juicing. Am not sure of the results. Juicing has worked wonders though. I've lost weight and gained alot of energy.

Hope this helps

DAvid
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think the problem with 'natural' stuff is a determined dose. Surely what is in a dose must vary by source, concentration, size etc. It does seem it contains some beneficial chemicals.
  • ArroyoDave wrote:
    Where can this product be bought in the UK. Or did you buy it online?

http://www.superfooddirect.com/products.asp?id=7