Devil Ride recce

Scott08
Scott08 Posts: 21
I did the Devil Ride last year and rated it one of the best organised and most scenic rides I have done, except for the weather :wink: Was a bit nervous about the route change for 2009 but rode most of the provisional route over the Bank Hol weekend.

Now it might be partly down to the good weather, but IMO it is even better than last year. The 10 miles after the Devil's Staircase is amazing - best bit - and the run out to the Staircase is spot on to get your legs working and the field spread out a little.

The final 20 miles is not yet revealed. A quick email from the organiser before I went said "please ignore the provisional route after Llandovery. The only thing I can tell you is that the website is wrong! We are still checking MOD movements for July but the result will be a shift either to the North or South for the return leg". I gave the North a try and it will do me just fine! Haven't tried the South though :?

The organiser also said there will be a shorter route option but that is also waiting on the MOD.

Checked out the new event HQ and campsite on my drive back and WOW. The family even liked it. Hadn't planned to camp over but if the weather holds up will do now.

Comments