FNSS

spaniamania
spaniamania Posts: 80
edited April 2009 in XC and Enduro
Hi

Does anyone race in the FNSS?
Just how fit do I need to be?
What sort of speeds/times are the slowest riders achieving?

Comments

• hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    I presume you are talking about Friday NIght Summer Series? - http://fnssmtb.com/ - Don't know if this will be much help but I had a look at this a few weeks ago after chickening out last summer!

From what I read off thier FAQ anyone can have a go. When the leader of the race passes the line for the final lap, all other riders are then on thier final lap as they pass the line as I understand it. They have some preparation advice on the FAQ as well. I reckon just jump in and have a go one evening - whats the worst that can happen :D
  • I shall be entering for the first time this year, Veteran class, a couple of guys I ride with raced last year, and I watched a couple of races.

It's one hour plus the lap your on, so it's quite easy to train for, just go out and ride for an hour.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Hi

Thanks for replys.
    Yes The Friday Night Summer Series.
    I have been training for several months now.
    I am averaging 13.5mph for an hour on the road.
    Not expecting to win any prizes.
    Will I be quick enough to keep up with the slowest riders?[/code]
  • What average speed should I be averaging to consider entering my first race?
  • Cycling offroad has no timings, depends on the course and conditions.
    From what I have seen it's a pretty friendly affair. Give me a shout nearer the 8th and we'll meet up at the first race, I'll be entering the vets and my riding mates will be doing seniors and grand vets. There might even be a fourth rider with us who'll be doing the ladies category.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Thanks Boris.
    Will contact you nearer the time.
    I keep takin the bike out but aint got a clue what im going to be up against.