Advice needed on disc brakes?

ezee_d
ezee_d Posts: 7
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Just purchased new MTB - Carrera Vulcan Disc Spec!

Been out on it over the last few days covered about 15 miles, have noticed rubbing noise from front disc. Is it just bedding in or does it require some adjustment?

Cheers

D.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    let it bed in if it is intermittent.

if it is continuous through a full 360 deg. then adjustment is needed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Have fun with that bike, I've had mine 3 years - still going strong (albeit with a few upgrades) :)
  • ezee_d
    ezee_d Posts: 7
    Had the bike a few weeks and been riding it every other day or so, been mainly road riding but have done a few trail paths nothing heavy though. Still getting noise from disc brakes, front more so.

When rolling the front round freely it does look a little off balance and the rubbing doesn't seem to be improving. Do you think some adjustment is needed with brake or maybe an issue with the front wheel.

Sorry new to all this so nto sure whats best, and how to do it. Bike did come from halford and I have heard of their reputation for building bikes is not great.

Cheers in advance for your help.

D.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Assuming the wheel is on properly/straight, then you'll need to look at realligning the caliper so that it centres over the disc.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.