Wilier Izoard ... Ride quality

Mapman
Mapman Posts: 254
edited April 2009 in Pro race
Hello all ... Thinking of getting my "bike of a lifetime" How does this frame ride ?? Cheers

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Seen this?:

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/article/mps/uan/3173

The Izoard is one great looking bike. Wish I could afford one...

Matthew
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I got one this weekend. Sadly due to the rubbish weather (this baby isn't going out in the wet!) I only managed a short ride this afternoon.

I got the 08 model, carbon frame and compact centaur groupset.

I'm not ride fit at the moment as I've been running a lot until I get a marathon out the way. I was also tip toeing round the corners and downhills as the roads are covered in grit and gravel, but it seemed to handle great. I have to admit to not having ridden many carbon bikes, and I've not ridden this one much (yet!) but so far it's a big thumbs up.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    This is almost like one of the 'what bike' threads. Anyone who has one (I have an 08 Izoard and can confirm it's an excellent bike to ride), people who have other bikes will tell you how great they are(quite rightly) and as I've not ridden many others around the same price point I can't comment, what I can say is that I love my Izoard...but then I would say that wouldn't I :wink:
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    I love my mortirolo [3rd best bike 2009, Cycling +] I can only imagine the izoard is as good/better.
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    hmmm looks remarkably like one of the new Kuota frames and the same weight too.

Perhaps it is? if so youre dream machine is cheaper with that name on it :)
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    markwalker wrote:
    hmmm looks remarkably like one of the new Kuota frames and the same weight too.

Perhaps it is? if so youre dream machine is cheaper with that name on it :)

I have long aspired to the iozard - but also like the kuota - khazmin (is it ?) as an alternative if I can't raise funds - !!!

a guy came past me on a blue kuota looked the dogs ! - but it could have been a higher end model ?

anyone got any more info about the kouta - esp in comparision to the wilier?
  • i like my izoard, especially now it is all the same colour!

parts of the frame had gone creamy white rather than brilliant white, credit to the importers ATB who when i called they said it's a known problem and organised a replacement, and also to york cycleworks who supplied & rebuilt it again for me.

it's my first carbon frame and larger than it's predecessor an aluminium principia, to be honest giving my modest riding i don't notice too much difference. it's built into a very light bike thought and looks great.
  • I have the blue 09, lovely ride. Unfortunately, had to change the Michelin Lithium tyres - rear end dancing all over the place in the wet, couldn't stop. They may be better for a heavier rider, I'm only 59Kg. 176cm. on a 53cm frame.