torin
torin Posts: 102
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Any recomendations on a reasonable priced effective carbon seatpost

Comments

• Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Whats a reasonable price?

I think this a fantastic price for a top quality post http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10363
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You don't have much seatpost showing so why bother with a carbon post?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    edited April 2009
    Wappygixer wrote:
    Whats a reasonable price?

Iquote]

+1 And what's "effective". Seatposts hold the saddle in place. I've never had one that didn't do this. :wink::wink:

Dennis Noward
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You could make a nice carbon one by removing the stack of spacers from under the stem and glueing them together! Seriously, you don't really have enough post exposed to really benefit from carbon - apart from losing a bit of weight. If you want something to make you go faster, work on your flexibility and core body strength to drop the bars down a bit - I'm also not sure about your bike position - the frame might be a touch too big judging by the stubby stem
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dennisn
    ....... so why bother with a carbon post?

Actually, to what end do you need a new seat post? The one you have looks fine and I'm guessing that it holds the seat in place. Do you want carbon for carbons sake?
    I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing but there is not much(if anything) to be gained
    from one seat post over another, be it carbon or aluminum. OK maybe a very slight
    weight loss, but nothing you'll notice. Then again, if you've got to have carbon, go for it.
    By the way what's your pants inseam?

Dennis Noward
  • torin
    torin Posts: 102
    i have had carbon recommended to me by loads of people and apparently it is really comfy

the spacers have now been removed lol I hadnt really used the bike that much when the pic was taken

i doubt the bikes to big for me as it was made to measure although i am still growing

Why do you need to no my pants inseam?
  • dennisn
    torin wrote:
    i have had carbon recommended to me by loads of people and apparently it is really comfy

Why do you need to no my pants inseam?

FWIW I don't think you will notice any difference with a carbon post. I rode a carbon post for 3 or 4 years until my paranoia about it breaking got the best of me. Switched to Thomson aluminum and didn't notice a thing.

Just curious as to how tall you were. That seems to be a pretty small frame. But if you're still growing......

Dennis Noward