Tour Of Turkey live on Eurosport

moray_gub
moray_gub Posts: 3,328
edited April 2009 in Pro race
After the drama of the cobbled week we now have the Tour of Turkey to look forward to on Eurosport i confess to knowing diddly squat about it cant seem to find the stage profiles either but hey two hours of live cycling every day is not to be sniffed at...........well ok maybe the Eneco Tour but apart from that........
Gasping - but somehow still alive !

Comments

• micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Ah, the Eneco Tour :lol:

Could be interesting - though I wish ES had managed to squuze in G-W midweek - would have liked to see EBH get the win.
  • moray_gub
    micron wrote:
    Ah, the Eneco Tour :lol:

Could be interesting - though I wish ES had managed to squuze in G-W midweek - would have liked to see EBH get the win.

Yea was bit peeved at that myself i managed to watch though it from one of the excellent links that was posted. 1st big win of many by Bossen Hagen i reckon.Going back to Tour Of Turkey found the website and there are stage profiles on there , doesnt look like there is a flat stage at all ,4 5 and 7 look interesting
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,858
    edited April 2009
    It's a surprisingly decent race, even if the field is a bit anonymous.
    Was on German tv, last year. I'll bet it's Duffers on commentary, because he did all the race chat and podium stuff, for them last year.
    Tended to have quite a few hilly sections, but most stages get back together for the old bunch sprint. Last year, it used the coastal holiday resorts a fair bit.
    Sella's lot won a lot of the stages and I think a Spanish dude won the GC.
    Breakaway on the Q Stage.

Better yet, for anyone wish a 19East dish.
    WDR Fernsehen have the whole of the Rund um Koln (Cologne) on tomorrow, from 10-20 am BST. Always raced on Easter Monday. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If Duffield has trouble remembering Contador's name (like he did in T-A), I can't wait to hear him try to get to grips with the riders in this race:

http://cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road ... ialtour091

It's not exactly a star-studded peloton.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Never been to Turkey so I'll enjoy the scenery if nothing else :wink:

Don't really mind whose riding so long as the parcours produces some good, attacking racing
  • blazing_saddles
    Did you miss stage 2?
    Looks like my blood pressure, during today's race! :lol:
    stg2Profil.png

stg4Profil.png

stg5Profil.png
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:
    If Duffield has trouble remembering Contador's name (like he did in T-A), I can't wait to hear him try to get to grips with the riders in this race:

Did he? Sheez. I remember that he couldn't remember Andrei Tchmil's name at all. And the odd way he talked about Basso's suspension made me do a little sick in my mouth and I'm a Basso fan!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • moray_gub
    Did you miss stage 2?
    /quote]

i looked and thought a few 125m climbs. ? .........my son could do those in the big ring :-)
  • afx237vi
    iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Did he? Sheez. I remember that he couldn't remember Andrei Tchmil's name at all. And the odd way he talked about Basso's suspension made me do a little sick in my mouth and I'm a Basso fan!

I think he was talking about "the guy who had a bad day in Paris-Nice" or something like that.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I think he was talking about "the guy who had a bad day in Paris-Nice" or something like that.

I like Duffers i really do think he been great over the years for Eurosport (check out some of his commentary on you tube and youll see what i mean ) but now as he gets old and forgetful and dithery he makes you lose interest in the race you are watching. He needs to bow out gracefully as soon as
  • blazing_saddles
    Moray Gub wrote:
    i looked and thought a few 125m climbs. ? .........my son could do those in the big ring :-)
    I should have looked at the graph graduation. :oops:
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Hah, Duffield has just given a glowing puff for the BikeRadar event at Donnington Park - "great fun for all the family - get along there, etc".

He's obviously not reading the BR forums (or perhaps he is and just doesn't care!) :wink:

a serious case of small cogs
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    toontra - It was a bit vague though,

"It's near Nottingham, just off the motorway"....

"Graham Obree might be there...not sure if he's riding..."

"On the Bikeraddar site..."

I like Duffers - he answered a couple of my questions and provided my signature line today! :lol:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    Just been watching this on eurosport, never mind duffers did you see that state of the roads!?!?! :shock:

What was them huge black patches on the run in??? Landmines!?!?!? They were blinkin huugggeee!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • afx237vi
    It was a bit odd how some sections of the road appeared to alternate between being bone-dry and having streams of water running down them. That's what known as "localized weather conditions"?!
  • pottssteve
    I think that was where the sun had dried out the patches between the trees. Shady bits stayed wetter. Or it could be water running off the hill in streams. It happens here also; it's so hot it can dry superficially very quickly, then you hit a wet patch :shock:

Some nasty falls :(

Mind you, the scenery was nice, I wonder if I can get a job there? :)
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    steve i've been there, couldn't wait to get out of there!!! Plus the drivers are mental!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • afx237vi
    pottssteve wrote:
    I think that was where the sun had dried out the patches between the trees. Shady bits stayed wetter. Or it could be water running off the hill in streams. It happens here also; it's so hot it can dry superficially very quickly, then you hit a wet patch :shock:

Some nasty falls :(

Mind you, the scenery was nice, I wonder if I can get a job there? :)

I think that may be it. That wide, twisty descent with the big crash looked absolutely lethal.

Must admit I did chuckle a bit at the later crash when Garcia and Fothen fell, slid about 10 metres, got up, remounted and carried on all in one fluid movement. Very stylish way to crash :lol:
  • pottssteve
    Drew,
    I've just looked at the FCO website and it looks like if the drivers don't get you the separatists will! :shock:

afx,
    Agreed - "synchronised falling" could be a new Olympic sport - like a mixture of cycling, curling and ballroom dancing.. :)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I was very impressed with tuesdays commentary, I've not heard the other guy before where's he gone?

It was very informative for a noob like me without being all rambley and ooh I remember when...

No offence to duffers though, legend.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ive enjoyed it so far,its had its interesting moments,yesterdays finish and the yellow jerseys tantrum were fun to watch.certainly a whole lot better than the nasty little comments in the news of this weeks comic would have you believe,throwing the dolly out of the pram because the dullest of the spring classics(ie the one cavandish might have a chance in)wasnt televised.
    some horrible falls in the marmaris stage the other day,i recall looking at the route and thinking that the big descent might be interesting,i recall it being pretty hairraising just sitting in a tour bus returning to the coast from Ephasus a few years back,can imagine what its like peering over the handlebars!