An hour in the attic

bagpusscp
bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
edited April 2009 in Road general
Ventured up into the attic the mornig,to list what bits from various projects were known to be hiding.
The tally ended up some what embarrassing .
9 pairs of various coloured mudguards[Blummels mainly}.
6 pairs of tyres 27 x 1/4 and 26 x1/4 other odd sizes 26 x 1 3/8 .
4 frames complete with forks .
Handlebars for a Raleigh Bomber{.I dont even own one!!}.10 other pairs of handle bars ,ranging from flats to drops.
Wheels !!!!! good grief.... :shock:
I think another bike jumble table mabye required :roll:

Tomorrow the shed :wink:
bagpuss

Comments

• meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    More therapy, Paul, MORE!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    I must admit I'm tempted to off-load my entire collection. I don't have the space for them, and now I'm back racing I don't have the time to spare to restoration either.

I'll probably keep 1 bike, mostly likely the '79 Holdsworth 531 Special, as it is the most practical to use - but I'm afraid the 30's and 40's bikes and collection of parts I've built up simply have to go.

The question is do I jumble or ebay or offer the items as a whole to a well known ebay seller?
  • bagpusscp
    The thing is Gavin,one day you may have the time and the space and you will have got rid of all the bits you spent ages trying to find..I know what saying about space.I have 3 Carlton frames ready to build + all the parts for them.Trouble is complete bike takes up a lot of room :lol: At a recent jumble I cleared a load of frames and parts .I am trying just limit myself to unusual designs,so the Caltons will have to go :cry:
    bagpuss
  • velocitizen
    velocitizen Posts: 327
    Are you going to be seling at the Bike Jumble at Radcliffe-on-Trent on Saturday 18th April? Starts at 10.00am.
    More details at
    www.bikejumbles.co.uk
    Unfortunately I won't be going as I have to be elsewhere that day.
    BeestonCC Sportive
    Sunday 24th June 2012
    Enjoy the finest cycling in the Peak District.
    47, 75 and 111 mile routes.
    http://www.beestonccsportive.co.uk/
  • bagpusscp
    Likewise. Committed elsewhere.
    bagpuss
  • Pete Beer
    Pete Beer Posts: 604
    or simply list them here, or send PM lists to the regulars. At least they go to good homes. (gosh that was a subtle hint)................