Easton wheels

Zoom78
Zoom78 Posts: 4
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a pair of easton ea50 or ea70 wheels and was wondering if anyone out there who's got these wheels could tell me if they come with QR Skewers or not.

cheers.

Comments

• softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    the EA70s certainly do...can't vouch for the 50s though...although if one set does, I would guess they all do...
  • simon t
    simon t Posts: 132
    i am really pleased with my easton wheels-i would recomend!
  • I also love my Easton wheels. Got a set of Ea90sl for £350 a month ago from Ride in Coventry. Light, durable with a good number spoke count. Also came with Skewers. Best buy ever!
  • dombo6
    dombo6 Posts: 582
    Mine are great too. EA90 SLX, came with skewers, very light and true. Love them as much as one can love what is at the end of the day just a wheel.
  • Shezzer
    Shezzer Posts: 229
    I bought some EA50SLs for my training bike and I love 'em, They came with QR skewers.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Can anyone tell me the difference between ea50 and ea50 sl ?
  • orbeasean
    orbeasean Posts: 23
    excuse me jumping in on this topic could anybody tell me if the 50 have a quiet or noisy freehub
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    if the freehub is anything like the 70s, it will start quiet, then become noisier as it wears in...
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    kingrollo wrote:
    Can anyone tell me the difference between ea50 and ea50 sl ?

The SL's have double butted spokes :wink:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I have found that most, if not all, factory wheels you buy nowadays come with skewers, or have I just been lucky?
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I've had a pair of Ascent II for 3 or 4 years and no problems whatsoever.
    Great price compared to Mavics at the moment.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I have found that most, if not all, factory wheels you buy nowadays come with skewers, or have I just been lucky?
    All my factory built wheels have come with skewers, and they've been from various manufacturers.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • paul_or
    paul_or Posts: 156
    I too am considering a pair of EA50SL, wiggle seem to have them at a reasonable price. Just out of interest, they came top in the C+ wheel test some months ago, and with a budget of around £300, would anybody strongly recommend anything other than EA50's for general road riding?
    visit my blog for more excitement

http://www.flammerouge.co.uk
    with a budget of around £300, would anybody strongly recommend anything other than EA50's for general road riding?

EA70s...higher spoke count than the 50s and still lighter.....
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    Dombo6 wrote:
    Mine are great too. EA90 SLX, came with skewers, very light and true. Love them as much as one can love what is at the end of the day just a wheel.

Just got a pair on Friday!

Feeling very nice thus far......not sure if they match my bike though :roll:

They came WITH skewers.
    Where\'s me jumper?