sold wrong size bike

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
my recent posting seat fore aft, is because i was sold wrong size bike, im 5ft 6 was sold a 56 frame, so to get the correct seat position so im over middle of pedal axle, i have moved my seat as far forward as it will go. i also have setback on seat post of 20mm but this is only for seat going back, which i now dont need.

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    andy610 wrote:
    my recent posting seat fore aft, is because i was sold wrong size bike, im 5ft 6 was sold a 56 frame, so to get the correct seat position so im over middle of pedal axle, i have moved my seat as far forward as it will go. i also have setback on seat post of 20mm but this is only for seat going back, which i now dont need.

56!! That does seem a tad big. Would have thought that a 52 would have been more suitable, generally speaking that is. Didn't get a bike fit then?
  • andy610
    andy610 Posts: 602
    yes got a bike fit but guess the bike i wanted was in 56 only in stock, so they said it fit me ok.
  • Garry H wrote:
    andy610 wrote:
    my recent posting seat fore aft, is because i was sold wrong size bike, /quote]

well if the bikes just been purchased take it back if in your opinion have been sold the wrong size bike......simple really
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    andy610 wrote:
    yes got a bike fit but guess the bike i wanted was in 56 only in stock, so they said it fit me ok.

they lied! :shock:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You're shorter than me, and I'd take a 52cm Trek, so I reckon you need a 50 or 52cm
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    It's too big for you.

I ride a 56cm and I am 5'11".
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    andy610 wrote:
    There is a big difference between a bike that will fit you and a bike that,s right for you. This frame is far to big for you. Take it back and get a smaller size.The bike shop should really know better, and dont let them put you off.
    Ademort :?
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    ademort wrote:
    Take it back and get a smaller size.

I think he's had it for more than a few days :wink:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    ademort wrote:
    Take it back and get a smaller size.

I think he's had it for more than a few days :wink:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
    Cheers Redddraggon, never read that post. Bike shop wants Fu@@ing IMHO.
    Ademort :lol:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    The fore and aft position of the saddle is not affected by frame size unless the seat angle is different. The seat post is just an extension of the seat tube. For a given saddle height you just have more post and less frame or vice versa. The bike is definately too big though. Most of your problems may come from it being too long.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I'm 6' 2" and ride a 56 tarmac comfortably. Your consumer rights should cover you.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    He can hardly take it back two and a half years later.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • trevtherev
    trevtherev Posts: 372
    wrong size Andy :( I'm 5ft 8ins and have just bought the Giant Defy 1 in a medium frame which is a 54.5 top tube

"Cycling is like a church - many attend, but few understand."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevtherev ... 338579801/
    www.runningfree.co.uk
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    that's just massive - give up on it & buy a new frame
  • Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    +1 You're never going to make it fit, whatever you do to it. I'm 5'8" and I ride an x-small Argon 18 (nominally a 46cm but probably closer to a 50cm) and a small Planet-X Kaffenback (about a 50cm). Get yourself to a bike shop that will measure you properly and make sure the bike fits.