Ultegra 6600 vs Ultegra SL

GavH
GavH Posts: 933
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Think my front mech (105 5600 double) is knackered so going to replace it and upgrade it to Ultegra. CRC seem to be doing some decent prices at the minute, with only a few quids difference between a 6600 Ultegra double Front Mech and the lighter (albeit about 20g) Ultegra SL. Will need 34.9mm clamp on for a 50-34 and 12-27 setup.

Can someone please tell me, apart from the seemingly slight weight savings of the SL model, what other differences are there (if any) and is it worth the extra dosh?

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I think SL is ice grey?
    Colour is the only other difference.

Maybe the ice grey was a limited issue? Nothing else really, other than weight as u say.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    [WW] 20g difference for a front mech is massive :shock: I'd go with the lighter one [/WW]
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I appear to be talking bollox again. It's not 20g it's 14g and the price difference is only £6, but that's irrelevant as CRC are out of stock on the SL!
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
    See my post on your other thread, get the front mech set up properly and post photos if you think there's structural damage. I reckon you can solve this at zero further cost if you research the issue and consider the options.