Wait for a Roubaix Comp or go for a Giant Defy Advanced 3?

big_den
big_den Posts: 13
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
For the first time in 20 years I am about to purchase a new road bike. I am 6'4" on the big size at 118Kg and had to stop running as my injury rate was climibing alramingly and most of my salery was going to physios.

I had settled on either the Roubaix Expert or Comp but credit card in hand, was disappointed to find that my size (61cm) was completly sold out accross the whole of the UK! Specialized say that they won't be restocking until they release the 2010 models in August 09. Something about credit crunch and keeping stock levels low on what is a minority sizing anyway.

I was pleasently surprised at how much things have moved on but now am utterly confused as to as suitable best by. I am after something that will last a while and will be suitable for long road runs as, alas, my competition days are over.

As a result I looked at the Giant Defy Advanced 3 as an alterantive and was mightly impressed. I was wondering if any of the brethern on this forum had opinions on whether it would be worth my while to wait the summer out for the 2010 Roubaix to be released or whether to go for it and get the Giant? Come to think of it any suggestions for makes and models that might be viable alternatives would also be welcome!

Thanks

Den

Comments