cleats and toe straps , Just for us old uns

David-Witts
David-Witts Posts: 80
edited April 2009 in Road general
Hi,

anybody still use cleats and toe straps? Trying to get back on the road bike and am thinking that that up/pull release (cleats /toestrap) is better for my dodgy hip than a twist from my look clipless setup. Davy :)

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Hi David .
    Yes I still use toe clips on a couple of my vintage bikes minus the cleats.This is because of the lack of float in fixed cleats.For long rides I prefer spd {shimano} pedals by far.
    bagpuss
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    David,
    Must admit to changing all my toe straps for Speedplay Frogs, free float and the easiest to get in and out of by far. Got to get round to servicing and selling the redundant pedals.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I've still got a set of Suntour Superbe Pro pedals and some wood soled shoes. They are hanging on my pegboard in the basement. Every once in a while I gaze at them longingly
    and sometimes put them on my bike and go for a spin. Not to long ago I could have sworn
    that I saw an ad for some shoes that had a new technology, wood soles(or partial wood anyway). How much longer can it be until the old style pedals and toe clips become the "new" high tech pedals? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Dennis Noward
  • Wooliferkins
    You mean like the "new" oval chainrings? I couldn't believe it when I saw them in the comic. Highpath Engineering must be rubbing their hands in glee at this chestnut coming around again. These shoes might suit your superbes. Click "catalogo then bottom right of the "Strada/MTB shoes, the Eroica
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    You mean like the "new" oval chainrings? I couldn't believe it when I saw them in the comic. Highpath Engineering must be rubbing their hands in glee at this chestnut coming around again. These shoes might suit your superbes. Click "catalogo then bottom right of the "Strada/MTB shoes, the Eroica

Ahhhhh, those were the days. Perforated leather and laces.

Dennis Noward
  • Wooliferkins
    They're current £170ish a pair. Sooooooooo
    tempting the rave version has a 3 hole carbon sole but they've ruined the mtb version with white plastic tread
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed