Initiation?

Jaeger
Jaeger Posts: 439
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Went out for a steady 10 miles along the towpath with my girlfriend this evening, so she could test out the SPD's I bought her for Christmas (romantic I know!). :oops:

She wants to know if 2 official clipless falls make her a 'proper' cyclist yet. :D

Thoughts?

PS. Does it make a difference if it was one each side?

Comments

• HardrockRob
    HardrockRob Posts: 230
    Not until you fall into a) a bush, and/or b) a group of dog walkers out on a Sunday morning. :oops:
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Dont forget the coming to a halt at the traffic lights and falling over in front of a queue of cars
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Jaeger wrote:
    Went out for a steady 10 miles along the towpath with my girlfriend this evening, so she could test out the SPD's I bought her for Christmas
    :shock: What have you been doing since Xmas ? :)
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    .blitz wrote:
    :shock: What have you been doing since Xmas ? :)

:lol: Struggling with the left hand thread?
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175
    My riding mate used SPDs for the first time at the weekend, he fell onto a jagged rock using his heel alone to cushion the fall, I don't think I've ever laughed so much. He saw the funny side of it too, and his ankle has turned a nice shade of blue.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    NO

If she'd fallen twice on Boxing day then maybe!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Unless your Thai or something, still too late for Chinese.

In fact what am I on about they're not Christian so it would'nt be Christmas.

NO
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Jaeger wrote:
    She wants to know if 2 official clipless falls make her a 'proper' cyclist yet. :D

No.

It simply proves that women + technology = ERROR :shock:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic