10 speed chain - easy to fit/remove & doesn't break

doyler78
doyler78 Posts: 1,951
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend a 10 speed chain that easy to fit/remove, doesn't break and preferrably doesn't cost the earth either.

Currently using just a standard shimano 105/ultegra chains on my bikes however they are starting to come to the end so looking for to replace with something easier too use (preferrably tool free).

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I have just got some reusable missing links to use with my 105 chain to make it easy to remove / refit. Haven't put one on yet though, but the dog came in last week with black oily patches in her tail so I think it's time for a clean!
  • Al_38
    Al_38 Posts: 277
    any of the KMC chains are good, can be joined / taken apart by hand without tools. whole range of models at various prices, and you can get Ti nitride coated ones which are nice as they are gold!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Al_38 wrote:
    any of the KMC chains are good, can be joined / taken apart by hand without tools. whole range of models at various prices, and you can get Ti nitride coated ones which are nice as they are gold!
    +1
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    IME the KMC ti-nitrided ones last longer and run smoother too - you're inclined to clean it more to see the gold finish.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • tenor
    tenor Posts: 278
    10 speed chains! Thanks, youve just reminded me why I stick with 9 speed - that circa 2000 Daytona kit just keeps going on and on...
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Great - will check out those KMC chains.