the Guardian and cycling

alien
alien Posts: 54
edited June 2009 in Campaign
'The Guardian on assaults on cyclists - blame the victim. Nice.'

ref:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/200 ... age-attack

'Sorry, commenting is not available at this time. Please try again later.'

indeed. we will. (anyone know people there?)

:x

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Oh dear..:( .........another Guardian article with errors and inaccuracies. I'm sure an apology will follow as is normally the case.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,224
    Has that article changed since the original post? I can't see the bit where the victim was blamed, and it was obviously written by a cyclist.

Obviously the comments all come down to "you're all bad" "no, you're all bad" "I know you are but what am I?" etc. As they always do.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Has that article changed since the original post? I can't see the bit where the victim was blamed, and it was obviously written by a cyclist.

Obviously the comments all come down to "you're all bad" "no, you're all bad" "I know you are but what am I?" etc. As they always do.

Things do get a bit petty from time to time. I just see it as my duty to set them straight :wink::lol:

I think I've commented on a load of anticycling stuff like that. If we dont speak up and tell our side, and reitterate that some of us do behave then those who are undecided will swing away from us and grant us no courtesy on the roads.
  • megilleland
    megilleland Posts: 786
    The Guardian launches new cycle blog. Pedal power: what moves you to get on your bike?
    Whether you are a speedy road bike user, an infrequent shop hopper or mountain bike off-roader, this blog is for all who cycle. Seems popular so far.
    The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    The Guardian launches new cycle blog. Pedal power: what moves you to get on your bike?
    Whether you are a speedy road bike user, an infrequent shop hopper or mountain bike off-roader, this blog is for all who cycle. Seems popular so far.

A reasonable effort at a newspaper blog. :)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I stopped buying the Guardian years ago - it was once a great paper and now it's just a sh.itty little rag.
    Have you ever got so mad with a cyclist that you wanted to bite their ear off?
    does this not constitute incitement. Any Guardian reading motorists come anywhere near me now and I'm going to be ready to give them a D lock across the head. :evil: