Macclesfield forest route, can anyone help for tomorrow.

Telemaster18
Telemaster18 Posts: 189
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
I'm off for easter being a teacher and haven't been riding yet this week. Did the marin trail on saturday and thriving to get out again. I'll be by myself so really need some help for a route round Macclesfield forest. I'm in Altrincham so not far away. Any help would be brilliant. Can't read maps so directions would be better or a fool proof map. Much appreciated.

Comments

• Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    http://www.mbr.co.uk/route_maps/norther ... 97550.html

Probably the best route to go by. Unsure what the forest area is like atm, however recently they have been deforesting the area so i would avoid.
  • Have you been to know this or are you speculating? Anybody else been there recently and know what state the trails are in.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Have you been to know this or are you speculating? Anybody else been there recently and know what state the trails are in.
    As Stated loads of felling in progress.
    We were there Saturday..DULL,DULL,DULL!!!!!We did the route in the post above(MBR) and would not do the bit in the forest again.Just fireroads. :roll: The Forest itself is like the Marin...without the good bits.The rest of the route is good,just miss out the Forest 8)
    If map reading isn't your thing you'll probably be best not doing the route as it isn't waymarked.
  • So you reckon do it or not? By myself so don't wanna try anything too daring. Really want to get out tomorrow though. I've bought the MBR route card. I'm rubbish at following those things though. Ah well can't be that hard.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    So you reckon do it or not? By myself so don't wanna try anything too daring. Really want to get out tomorrow though. I've bought the MBR route card. I'm rubbish at following those things though. Ah well can't be that hard.
    Not hard in the forest but the rest of the route is on open moorland etc.If the weathers bad and you don't have a real map and know how to read it you could get lost.When we got to the Cat&Fiddle pub on Saturday visibility was less than 20m.
    Depends how well you know the area.
  • Well I'm not gonna do it then. I'll wait till i've got my brother with me so we can get lost together. Need somewhere to ride today though. BORED!