Wearing a helmet

markiemc13
markiemc13 Posts: 50
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi again
i recently pulled in at my local park, just after a 35 mile ride :?
and sum "chav" went to me "Why r u wearing a helmet, u spaz"

i really didnt know what to say, so i said why r u wearing such a *h*t football team shirt :o

any views ??

Mark
Singletrack Heaven :)

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    If you do say anything witty in response, you'll get stabbed :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    if it happens again, headbutt the offender then say 'thats why'
  • if it happens again, headbutt the offender then say 'thats why'

i like that idea :)
  • GTi-R23
    GTi-R23 Posts: 175
    You made the error of listening to anything a chav has to say.
  • lol :)
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    chav: "Why r u wearing a helmet, u spaz"

cyclist: "to protect my head from any damage it may cause to my brain.. but don't worry, it will never happen to you since you don't have one."
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    thats a bit long winded. i prefer the headbutt method.
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    "Cause yer maw likes helmets"

....I like taking it to their level
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • I would have said "I can't understand what you're saying you fucktard."

But that's just me.

:wink:
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    thats a bit long winded. i prefer the headbutt method.

thats the whole point. by the time they realise you calling them have no brain, you will be far far away from them. :lol:
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • se7enup
    se7enup Posts: 19

cyclist: "So I don't end up like you - a braindead dribbling retard"

Then smile and ride away as fast as you can....laughing hystericaly :D
  • This is why seatpost clamps are quick release, they make an ideal improvised "battle axe" and are available in seconds also invest in some scott dh xtreme downhill gloves ideal for punching with no broken knuckles !! http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... oves-28082 - they also work a treat on cars that get too close ! :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This is why seatpost clamps are quick release, they make an ideal improvised "battle axe" and are available in seconds also invest in some scott dh xtreme downhill gloves ideal for punching with no broken knuckles !! http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... oves-28082 - they also work a treat on cars that get too close ! :lol:

Great post

I'm going to equip myself with a pair of those "commuter gloves" especially after reading your review :lol::lol:
  • se7enup wrote:

cyclist: "So I don't end up like you - a braindead dribbling retard"

HaHaHa ... this made me laugh! :twisted:
    -- Specialized StumpJumper FSR Comp (09) [for me] --
    -- Specialized Safire FSR Comp (09) [for the Mrs] --
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    We wear helmets because we have something worth saving :wink:

Though I'd have just told the chav to f*ck off, it's not witty or clever but it works for me 8)
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Well I am brand new to MTB, so I've got no experience in being asked why I look like a pleb wearing a helmet ... but it'll come!
    -- Specialized StumpJumper FSR Comp (09) [for me] --
    -- Specialized Safire FSR Comp (09) [for the Mrs] --
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    just ignore them. what's the point of doing anything else?
  • Walking syphilis farms the lot of 'em.

Not content with pumping their degenerate sperm into the clapped out bucket of the nearest female of their species, they compell themselves to loiter in public and shower you with half-formed sentances and spittle.

I had a group of them drive slowly past me while I was riding to a local park.
    The passenger leant out the window with the intent to hurl some abuse at me.
    The poor sap's addled mind obviously couldn't spur itself to speech however, as he just opened his mouth and went "whhhhaaaaayyyyyiiiiiaaahh" while his face contorted in what I can only imagine was a grimace of despair at the futility of his own existence.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • Bubgum
    Bubgum Posts: 20
    Walking syphilis farms the lot of 'em.

Not content with pumping their degenerate sperm into the clapped out bucket of the nearest female of their species, they compell themselves to loiter in public and shower you with half-formed sentances and spittle.

I had a group of them drive slowly past me while I was riding to a local park.
    The passenger leant out the window with the intent to hurl some abuse at me.
    The poor sap's addled mind obviously couldn't spur itself to speech however, as he just opened his mouth and went "whhhhaaaaayyyyyiiiiiaaahh" while his face contorted in what I can only imagine was a grimace of despair at the futility of his own existence.

I Lol'd so hard. :lol:
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    They are idiots - But idiots that are not bothered and don't think twice about having a go, or about using the knife they have in their pocket. Just stay away, I'm sure you'd rather be alive than having a go back at them, I know I would.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    I'm on me second whiskey whilst reading these posts on the forum and this ones the best yet.

Wot a Laff. :D
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • delaneya
    delaneya Posts: 44
    Northwind wrote:
    If you do say anything witty in response, you'll get stabbed :lol:

:P