Castelli sizing

2»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,134

You often hear Castelli comes up small, but the size guides say medium for me, and medium fits. Everyone is different, of course.

I think body size and perception plays a part, from personal experience.
    If you are a big lad then compression is not a good look. Things change as you slim down.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,926
    pblakeney said:

You often hear Castelli comes up small, but the size guides say medium for me, and medium fits. Everyone is different, of course.

If you are a big lad then compression is not a good look. Things change as you slim down.
    Agreed.

I am currently circa 70kg, and have zero issues in fitting into small castelli shorts and jerseys.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b said:

pblakeney said:

Agreed.

I am currently circa 70kg, and have zero issues in fitting into small castelli shorts and jerseys.
    I think this is right. Cycling clothing is generally designed to be tight, for aero reasons, but if you're not a chiseled whippet, you may not be comfortable with the look.
    Then again, a few years ago, I stopped by a farm gate to adjust the gears, where three other cyclists were just setting off again after a break. One of them was, shall we say, plus size, and wearing the tightest lycra imaginable. His upper half was almost spherical, but he clearly wasn't the slightest bit self conscious about it, which I thought was a great attitude. What's more, when I got going, I soon caught and passed his regular sized mates, but the big guy remained a speck on the horizon.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,057
    edited September 2021
    secretsam said:

How does it compare to my normal fave brand, Endura? I'm a L in their gear, fits me a treat. Castelli...XL?

Yes I'd say so. Our club kit is Endura and I wear an L and I'd normally go xl in Castelli
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,926

secretsam said:

How does it compare to my normal fave brand, Endura? I'm a L in their gear, fits me a treat. Castelli...XL?

Yes I'd say so. Our club kit is Endura and I wear an L and I'd normally go xl in Castelli
    +1: I wear XS Endura FS 260 shorts, and Small Castelli ones.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,957
    edited September 2021
    With the aero race jersey (and the climbers jersey) I'm convinced the difference between M and L is the length, not the capacity. Neither have any allowance for extra timber - which is what you'd want. Really good kit, but I wouldn't wear it just now due to my current slightly less than whippet like shape. I'm 5'11, and always go for L.

I have one of these https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-giro-stelvio-jersey which is described as "Neutral fit" in L, and that is somewhat more accommodating.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    I've found it similar to everything else

Small in DHB
    Small in Ale
    Small in Assos
    Small in Castelli