Ride out from Richmond Park, Wednesday 8/04/09

chrisw28
chrisw28 Posts: 187
Meet at Richmond gate for a 9am start. Nice steady pace around the surrey hills, and we wait at the top of hills if need be. Just ride and enjoy!

Let me know if you're thinking of coming along, the more people we have the more fun it will be! :D

Comments

• voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Ah, found the post....Yeh, I'd probably be up for this, gotta check when I get home tomorrow though, I'll let you know.
    James
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • chrisw28
    Okay James, will be nice to see you again, give us a shout tommorow night 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    I shall be there ,no weekend half-baked warriors allowed,ain't got a clue what time well get back. Was thinking 2 ascents of box hill,one at the begining,,

Sort of know a route that goes via whitedown,forest green,capel,holmbury st mary,henfold lakes,and back to box hill and if we got lost,all the more better !!!!

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    I shall be there ,no weekend half-baked warriors allowed,ain't got a clue what time well get back. Was thinking 2 ascents of box hill,one at the begining,,

Sort of know a route that goes via whitedown,forest green,capel,holmbury st mary,henfold lakes,and back to box hill and if we got lost,all the more better !!!!

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,770
    what sort of distance/pace you planning? I'll probably be going down that way on Wednesday anyway, so if it's not beyond my capabilities...
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Sort of gentlemans pace !!!!
    what sort of distance/pace you planning? I'll probably be going down that way on Wednesday anyway, so if it's not beyond my capabilities...
    Anything between 100-150k of real riding,and no jolly boys outing to build sancastles on the coast !!!!

• urrrrrrrrrs
    Hopefully there will be a few other wheelers coming as well ,and a pick up at laithwaites as well

• chrisw28
    You are scaring everybody off, Gesmeralda :P

At this rate it's just gonna be the two of us :D

It would be nice to meet you Graham, hopefully see you there. :D
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    chrisw28 wrote:
    You are scaring everybody off, Gesmeralda :P

At this rate it's just gonna be the two of us :D

It would be nice to meet you Graham, hopefully see you there. :D

:D:wink::D:wink::lol::D:lol::wink::D:wink:

only joking !!!!!

• kingstongraham
    Hi,

Might pop along to see how I go - not sure if I'm up to more than 100K at the moment, so might duck out part way through. Will bring my compass to make my own way home. I'm a fair weather cyclist too, so given the forecast, I might be a DNS.
  • chrisw28
    No problem Graham, if you feel like riding half of it or whatever we can direct you back home as most of us know more are less where we are.
  • voxegam
    Turns out I can't make it, sorry guys...mayeb catch up with a few of you later in the week though.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    Chris,

if its ok with you i will meet you at Laithwaites 9.15

• chrisw28
    James, no worries, hopefully another time!

Gezza, 9:15 is gonna be a bit tight, its gonna take a bit longer than that for me and whoever turns up at richmond gate to make our way to laithwaites. Is 9:30 better?
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    i wonder wht you want to have an extra 15 mins in bed christoph ??? anything to do with your late night ramblings on KW forum,3.30am to be precise !!!!! Some of us were at work then. !!!! or is there something we should know about ???

No worries see you at 930 at laithwaites and james w is coming as well,

you know the weather forecast ain't great !!!!

• felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Shame, as I am free the afternoon, but not the morning. Isn't it supposed to be raining anyway?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    Yeeeh...I vote for afternoon as well....I'm free then too....plus weather will/should be better....fancy changing it??? :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • chrisw28
    I'm quite reluctant to change the time as 9am has been posted on here for a couple days now (and also on another forum) and I don't know how many people have planned around the start time. I could change the time for you to the afternoon but then it could potentially ruin the ride for those who fancied an earlier start. If it was a few days before the ride I would have done it but its a little late. So, sorry guys, 9am it is, however you two are welcome to entertain each other in the afternoon :D
  • voxegam
    Thats fair enough, can see your point. Not a bad idea about the afternoon though....fancy going for a ride Felgen???
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • kingstongraham
    Sorry I didn't make it along - didn't make it out by 9. Just as well as I only pootled around a slow 80K today. Don't know why, but Crocknorth really didn't agree with me today.

If you are doing this any other midweek, I might well be up for it. At least until I get a job anyway.
  • chrisw28
    No problem Graham, maybe next time 8)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    that was a good ride folks,i accidentally stopped my HR watch at the top of Staple Lane and provided me with a shocking statistic...I had a HR of 202/112% :shock: :shock: :shock: now considering my Max HR should be 183..i should not be writing this,instead,should be dead in Kingston Hospital :shock: i cant even remember really pushing myself.the watch is working perfectly well.so what the hell happened ???

• Greenbank
    Greenbank Posts: 731
    Your previous estimation of HR_max was wrong. Use 202 as your HR_max for the rest of the year.

In the absence of other information the various formulae can only be used to estimate HR_max. Nothing beats real data.

I'm 32 and regularly see 205bpm when I play 5-a-side football. Can only manage 195bpm on the bike though.
    --
    If I had a baby elephant signature, I\'d use that.