The riders came from the North (East)

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
Evening gents/ladies

Looking for riding partners in the Newcastle area. Someone / some people who are new to the sport and to help each other along with motivation and training.

I know of the cycle clubs up here, and one of which I am looking at joining (Hello, Peter) but feel not up to scratch to pit myself against even their oldest member(s).

So, anyone from the Newcastle region (football allegiances - leave them at home please), drop me a pm and maybe we can meet up and ride (christ, this sounds like a lonely hearts ad :shock: )

Ta.

Comments

• Marcosplace
    Marcosplace Posts: 103
    Im living in Seaham. I had a bike ride yesterday with another lad for the first time and it was much easier. Not really bothered with clubs

Welcome to join me.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    South Shields here.

I know you said you don't want to hear about clubs but nevertheless I was advised the Gosforth RC's Saturday ride was a good place for new riders.

Only thing stopping me from tagging along is it's probably a 20 mile round trip from home to the Civic Centre to start their ride.
  • dg74
    Alright lads!?

Thanks for the replies. Marco - I'm in a quandry as to getting to Seaham. I don't have the use of a car at the moment and I know that the Metro system won't allow bikes on - don't know about the rail system tho.

Lagavulin - I've been in touch with the lads at Gosforth RC and they are the club I'm interested in. I've been invited to ride out with them on a sat morning but as I work in the NHS, I sometimes work saturdays so it's quite difficult. But nevertheless, will probably join that club as they seem canny.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    aye, I'm up for it, and can leave the football allegiance at home on one condition - you're not a dirty mackem are you ?
  • Marcosplace
    Marcosplace Posts: 103
    FTM - Chippa!!!!!!! yes I can leave it at home
  • dg74
    Children, children. Give it a rest or I'll crack yer heads together.

Right, I'm free Thurs this week and Sunday afternoon. After that - it's Tues/Wed next week or the Sunday.

Queer shifts and that...Drop me a PM and we'll try to sort dates out if those are no good.