Soloist Team - your opinions

Lagavulin
Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
An LBS currently has these at £650 for the frameset.

Cervelo_Soloist_Team_Frameset_RedSilver.jpg

I believe this is the '07 model.

I currently ride a Wilier Izoard (medium/ 53.8cm TT + 11cm stem) and an ill-fitting Specialized Allez as my hack but wondering if a 54cm in the Soloist Team would be do-able.

I've been considering replacing the Allez for a while but the question was what with. It doesn't take guards so I've got by two winters running on SKS Raceblades. I tend to ride solo so annoying people with spray hasn't been an issue to date.

Does anyone use or know anyone that uses Soloist Team as their general training bike?

Said LBS only lists Shimano finishing kits but I was thinking along the lines of Veloce or Centaur with a set of Zondas or handbuilts.

Pipe dream or practical? I have the money to do it (though learning to drive and laser eye correction are also on the to do list too) but if it is realistic I may give the shop a ring or drop in and see if they'd be up for a Campagnolo build.

Comments

• brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    Brilliant frame. Who is selling them at that price?
  • Shezzer
    Shezzer Posts: 229
    That's a good price for what is a great frame. I have a Soloist and it's fast as. Not the most comfortable of my bikes to be honest but it's fast, responsive and IMO a good looking bike.

Depends on what your priorities are but if you have a few quid put aside for a race frame then that one would be a bargain. I'm guessing you'd switch the components from your old bike and sell the old frame ... that'd save you a few more quid.