Cycle Sheme Vouchers?

rjbonnell
rjbonnell Posts: 170
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi

My company has just set up the goverment cycle to work scheme at work. They have chosen to use Cycle Scheme rather than the Evans or Halfords schemes.

Having looked at their website it seems you can use the voucher in various local bike shops, but I was wondering if Wiggle accepted the Cycle Scheme vouchers or do you have to use their own scheme?

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• mzm70
    mzm70 Posts: 123
    No Richard they don't, I mailed them and this was their reply:

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately we are not a member of Cyclescheme.co.uk. This is because Cyclescheme have chosen to only deal with cycle businesses with shops so we are unable to register with them (we have tried on several occasions), and therefore I’m afraid that we cannot accept Cyclescheme vouchers.

However, we can sell your employer a bike for use in the cycle to work scheme. Your employer would have to buy the goods directly from us instead of paying Cyclescheme, the forms that you need to complete for the scheme are available to download from our website – we invoice your employer and they pay us by BACS, cheque or credit card. Some employers have agreed to do this and some haven’t.

Kind regards