Ultra tuff extender cable or other light locking solution?

Eddie Jones
Eddie Jones Posts: 4
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
Last year I bought a rather expensive bike. Infact it's the most expensive thing I've ever bought ever and I now can't afford to insure it. Not surprisingly, I want a really good lock.

I currently use a Magnum Plus lock (click here). The padlock part is just the ticket (click here) but the chain is SO heavy that I'm looking for a lighter solution.

Does anyone know of an extender cable like this (click here) but which is much more tuff than this Halford's rubbish (I'm guessing you could snip straight through a cable like this with a chunky pair of bolt cutters) or knows another solution which would allow me to lock my bike in public places without fear of it being pinched and isn't ridiculously heavy? It only needs to go around the frame of the bike and the unmoveable object as the wheels are always securely locked onto the bike using pitlock axels (click here).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Eddie Jones

Comments

• crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    As much of a pain it is to carry a heavy lock around I wouldn't recommend trading it for something else. Maybe a top-of-the-line Kryptonite or Abus U-lock would be as good or better and a little lighter but the cable types are not nearly as theftproof. Cycling Plus did a good lock comparison a couple of issues back.