Cateye Strada Wireless Computer

trevtherev
trevtherev Posts: 372
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
I wish to buy the above for my new giant defy 1 wiggle were selling at £31.99 but no longer....is this now the cheapest place?

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDeta ... 8&catID=99

"Cycling is like a church - many attend, but few understand."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trevtherev ... 338579801/
www.runningfree.co.uk

Comments

• No as you also have to pay £3 P+P. Chain Reaction works out cheaper as it's free P+P as well as next day delivery.
  • anweledig
    anweledig Posts: 21
    A word of warning though. I've just found that my cateye headlight interferes with my strada wirless and gives daft readings.
    exercise.png
  • Never heard of a cycle light interfering with a cycle computer before!
  • trickeyja
    trickeyja Posts: 202
    I need to get a replacement as I've lost the darned computer - been missing for about a month now! It's good though - just make sure you leave it on the bike because mine has had a habit of disappearing. :lol:
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    And as with any model or bike computer, remember to remove it before you turn the bike over to, say, remove the rear wheel, otherwise it ends up all scratched or smashed up!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • MAMB
    MAMB Posts: 121
    Anyone got the new Strada Double Wireless ?

I've already got the standard wireless and am really pleased with it. The only thing missing is cadence - which the double wireless provides with a nifty combined speed & cadence sensor. The only thing holding me back is that is that Wiggle want £63 for it !
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Cateye could make a killing if they priced the wireless cadence version more competitively. I suspect virtually everyone will baulk at paying an extra £30 for the cadence option.

What a shame. If it was £45 they'd sell truck loads IMO.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    anweledig wrote:
    A word of warning though. I've just found that my cateye headlight interferes with my strada wirless and gives daft readings.

Really?? I've recently purchased one because the reviews I read said this didn't happen with this model?
    Shouldn't be too much of an issue for the several months ahead though. :wink:
  • anweledig
    Really?? I've recently purchased one because the reviews I read said this didn't happen with this model?
    Shouldn't be too much of an issue for the several months ahead though. :wink:[/quote]

I posted about this on another site and a few people said they'd experienced the same problem. A bit of googling brought up a few more people as well. It seems to be mainly caused when the light is on flashing mode or low setting and may also be partly caused by the light and computer being too close together (I have them on a space bar). As you say it should become less of a problem over the next few months until the Autumn :)
    exercise.png
  • anweledig
    Just to add to the above the headlight I use is the 610RC
    exercise.png
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    I might do a test run during daylight with both light and computer next each other. A quiet run so I can concentrate on the display. Also, a reading over a pre-measured distance.
    As per instructions I have mounted the sensor on the right hand fork with the magnet as close to the wheel rim as possible to decrease the distance between the transmitter and receiver.
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    Never heard of a cycle light interfering with a cycle computer before!

Sounds unlikely, but its true.

Found my cateye front light on flash was interering with signal of strada wireless , reading very low - switched to constant reading normal.
  • NaB
    NaB Posts: 105
    Whats wrong with the wired version..I've got one its cheaper and nothing is ever going to interfere with the signal!
  • trevtherev
    and here it is the cateye strada wireless set up on the defy 1....ready to roll!

cateye1.jpg

cateye2.jpg

www.runningfree.co.uk
  • justresting
    justresting Posts: 292
    can you post a picture of the transmitter fixed to the forks? I keep meaning to transfer mine off my mtn. bike to my Defy 1 but the forks biing so sharp & tapered I thought I might have difficulty.
    ' From the sharks in the penthouse,
    to the rats in the basement,
    its not that far '
  • trevtherev
    can you post a picture of the transmitter fixed to the forks? I keep meaning to transfer mine off my mtn. bike to my Defy 1 but the forks biing so sharp & tapered I thought I might have difficulty.

will try to remember :o I had no trouble fitting to the forks etc easy set up (although i did get the wife out at 7.00am to help get an accurate measurement of the wheel circum...she was not best pleased :D )

www.runningfree.co.uk
  • justresting
    Cheers , That'll be great. :D
    its not that far '
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    I just moved my Cateye Srada Wireless off my best bike because it had started to rattle in its mount. I think it has just got worn, but it was driving me mad. Shame, because in all other ways I really liked it.
  • trevtherev
    Cheers , That'll be great. :D

comp.jpg

hope that helps

www.runningfree.co.uk
  • justresting
    thanks a lot for the picture, but my transmitter bracket is a different shape, but I've managed to fit it to the front of the fork where there is a bit of a flatter profile. When the time for a new one comes I'll get one like yrs as it looks a bit neater.Once again thanks a lot
    its not that far '