cycling glasses

spondonchris
spondonchris Posts: 74
edited April 2009 in Road beginners
hi, I am looking to buy some cycling glasses to protect my eyes from the flies, bugs, and dirt that seems intent on working its way into my eyeballs. I bought some cheap safety type glasses and found they made me feel sick as the vision was distorted from normal. Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced glasses that do not distort your vision. Any makes / ideas would be appreciated

Comments

• cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    Me and a mate got these.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/11871/Pol ... asses.html

The DHB triple lenses are well rated as well. Wiggle sell them

Cheehee
  • The DHB triple lenses are pretty good :)
  • Depends what you call reasonably priced. I've got some Oakleys and I love them.

They're prescription as well, and you can choose the colour of the tint.

They set me back about 200 pound 2 years ago, so I find that reasonable
  • System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    I've got some Oakleys and a pair of Specialized San Remo neither of which could be described as resonably priced at over £70. I did however get a cheap pair of specs from Lidl last year for £7 which I was quite impressed with especially for the money, and as luck would have it they're back on sale next Thursday. It's these ones. The only downside is they don't have a clear lense for night riding, instead coming with 2 different strengths of tinted ones and a yellow set.
  • Barkiesnake
    Barkiesnake Posts: 244
    check out the pro-lite rovigo's from Chain reaction cycles. I bought a pair last month for £23 inc delivery. included hard case, 5 sets of lenses and cleaning cloth. all lenses are uv400 and polarising. Absolute bargain.
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • thanks to everyone, I will have a look at them all. I need to sort something quick as every time I go out I seem to get hit by bugs or dirt
  • just to confirm, Looking to spend under £50 if poss. I dont wear glasses normally so dont need prescription glasses. Also the main thing for me is that they do not distort vision and I also need them for mountain biking so they must be a tight fit and not fall off on the rough stuff. Do the precvious suggestions tick these boxes??
  • Barkiesnake
    Barkiesnake Posts: 244
    just to confirm, Looking to spend under £50 if poss. I dont wear glasses normally so dont need prescription glasses. Also the main thing for me is that they do not distort vision and I also need them for mountain biking so they must be a tight fit and not fall off on the rough stuff. Do the precvious suggestions tick these boxes??

Pro-lite rovigo's tick all these boxes. Go to http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29100

for details
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford