John O' Groats to Lands End OFF ROAD

Angelsfly
Angelsfly Posts: 9
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
I am about to embark on the ride of my life with another female. We are both the wrong side of forty and on the 4th June this year we begin our 1143 mile ride from the top of Britain to the bottom. Must be downhill. We will have climbed 33 886 metres by the finish. We plan to ride it in 26 days. We have chosen our route carefully, using roads to link bridleways and cycleways.
Why? You may ask. Because we can is the simple answer, but we are raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support in the process.

We are doing this totally unsupported and will stay at B&B's en route. We are too old and fussy to camp.
We are funding the trip ourselves with any donations going directly to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Any advice or suggestions about the ride of fundraising are most welcome.
http://www.justgiving.com/offroadjoglechallenge

Comments

• Hey...the link isn't working for me. Good luck on the ride, quite different!
    Turner 5Spot '11
    Spesh Rockhopper '08
    Cube Agree HPA '10
  • rockylee
    rockylee Posts: 31
    just wana say im surprised by the lack of replies. and i think ur cool , (if a bit mental) for doin it.
    its great your doing it for a good reason and willing to put ya self through hell for a great cause.
    i take my hat ,( helmet ) off to ya big time and wish ya sunny skies all the way. :P

L
    Rocky-M-Slayer.
  • Fantastic effort and good luck ladies !!!
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    Great stuff ladies, i'm doing a coast2coast in july, only a measly 150 miles though! I wish you all the best and hope you have a fantastic time. you only live once so why not just go for it!
  • Thanks to you all for your responses. They do help.
  • i bet the climbing will all be in scotland and cornwall and nothing inbetween! haha!
    many hills down here!

Good luck and good on you, heck of a ride!
    now you could tie in a coast to coast down here too as at the point where the coast to coast trail runs it s only 11 miles wide! :wink::wink::wink:

be nice to know what route your taking in the different area's incase anyone wants/fancies joining you for a small stint?? (also handy as they can point you at LBS's incase you need them!!)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Giggsmaster
    Giggsmaster Posts: 632
    be nice to know what route your taking in the different area's incase anyone wants/fancies joining you for a small stint?? (also handy as they can point you at LBS's incase you need them!!)

I second that. Depending on what day you would be in the area, I could be interested in tagging along.

By the way, good luck...
  • Mattbot2
    Mattbot2 Posts: 384
    Fantastic, best of luck! I want to do this one day!
    2q2kfno.png
    ^^^ Click for pictures of my bike ^^
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Best of luck!
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision