glasses advice

dave milne
dave milne Posts: 703
edited April 2009 in Road buying advice
My crappy dhbs have just broken. I don't want to spend a fortune but would really like some that are actually useful in the rain - anyone know any good makes that do this?

cheers

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    In what way do you want your glasses to be useful in the rain?

I rate the tifosi glasses though, stay put
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Could get a cheap pair and then spend a relative fortune on this :phttp://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=35075

Not sure how effective the kit is TBH, but the hydrophobic coating works well on the Radars.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    when it rains I always have to take them off as I can't see after 10-20 minutes. I like the idea of the hydrophobic kit though
  • May be worth trying RainX wipes or spray on them, have used them on the car and the rain just beads off.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    i don't have the hydrophic kit - but I have oakleys with it pre-applied and it is awesome!

no water can sit on the lens - at all, ever - it is amazing! - I didn't know it was available as a top up actually as my last set of oakleys the coating must have wore off (they were 9 years old at the time!) but my youngest daughter broke them when we were in florida last year so I got a new set (at 2.2 dollars to the pound - phew!)

I might have to invest in that kit to top them up and I wonder if it is suitable for motorcycle visors.

sorry - can't really help with the glasses question other than to recommend Oakleys!
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    I got some pretty cheap Kuota glasses with 5 changable lenses and they seem great for the cash, the lenses are a little tricky to change at first but would not hesitate to recommend them to any-one :D