Yet another n00b

captainfly
captainfly Posts: 1,001
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Just thought I would say hello, I'm both new to the forum and am a born again mountain biker, My last mountain bike was an '88 12speed townsend (from new) which was to be honest awful :roll: so I ended up going back to BMXs. Now I'm bit too old and broken for BMX and really don't want to cycle on the roads but still want to ride and have found loads of local bridleways and restricted byways that are ideal for what I want to do.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mongoose Teocali
Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:

Comments

• Scoobie
    Scoobie Posts: 12
    Hello Captainfly,your in the same boat as me then hope your enjoying yourself as much as i am .Im amazed how fit i am getting ,going to get over to Wales soon and test my new found fitness. :D
  • archer4
    archer4 Posts: 86
    Hi Captainfly where you located? and i must say i went for me first ride to trails and corr i thought i was fit they proved me wrong ^^
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    I'm in north west england, sort of inbetween St Helens and Ormskirk.

As for fitness I am hoping that five years of 7-10km sand running/walking/climbing on the dunes near southport a couple of times a weeks and a decent amount of MA training should help :roll: I've also been putting in 10km runs on the excercise bike in preparation alongside my regular weight training, yes I am a bit of a fanatic :shock: All that stems from health issues in the past including arthritis in ankles/knees/elbows/wrists but the harder I push myself the better they get :lol: I'm not expecting to do much more than light off road but things tend to escalate 8)
    But yeah recently felt fit enough to get back into bikes and should have a bike within the week :D
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll: